Join for free
Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I totally agree Swim with your comments.
I got the distinct impression at the start was that what most people wanted. The leave campaigners make every effort to comment with snide remarks or scurrilous news paper threads. Unproven or not
Really do they Goldilocks , on the contrary the bitterness seems to come from many who voted to remain and are bad losers.

I won't be drawn into some comments and reply in yours.
So I guess that means I won't get a response to my post, not to worry no one is obliged to respond .

Europe has recognised the UK do not want to be in. They have said ok. Bye bye
Did they I must have missed that...

I actually think the exiteers are still blowing so called trumpets.
Get on with it then and let's have different news.
We are doing our best to 'get on with it' and some of us who live here don't want 'different' news until our departure is complete.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:54 PM

I totally agree Swim with your comments.

I got the distinct impression at the start was that what most people wanted. The leave campaigners make every effort to comment with snide remarks or scurrilous news paper threads. Unproven or not

I won't be drawn into some comments and reply in yours.
Europe has recognised the UK do not want to be in. They have said ok. Bye bye . What's next on the agenda. Simple.

I actually think the exiteers are still blowing so called trumpets.

Get on with it then and let's have different news.
Very wise. Don't rise to the bait.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem is though that it is never the Politicians that suffer though is it?

They have their protected salaries, expenses, pensions etc etc,

It is always the ordinary people who suffer, never those who cause the problems.
That is so Gibbs and one of the reasons I wish to leave the EU not because I think there is some world conspiracy manipulating us all.
We are paying all of those things for 2 lots of government one over which we have very little control.

Let's get the control back here with the 'ordinary people'
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The problem is though that it is never the Politicians that suffer though is it?

They have their protected salaries, expenses, pensions etc etc,

It is always the ordinary people who suffer, never those who cause the problems.
Nail on the head..
They are too detached from reality and see themselves as superior. To coin a Latin phrase.....effumlottovum.....
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really do they Goldilocks , on the contrary the bitterness seems to come from many who voted to remain and are bad losers.

So I guess that means I won't get a response to my post, not to worry no one is obliged to respond .

Did they I must have missed that...

We are doing our best to 'get on with it' and some of us who live here don't want 'different' news until our departure is complete.

Actually Meg and excuse my tone. Not wishing to sound rude. I couldn't give a monkeys.

We get an extremely well thought out thread from Asia, written in his own wide words I might add, instead of a regurgitated newspapers story.

What do we get once again hit on the head and here we go again responses. Surely the forum should be encouraging more positive thoughts instead of what some European parliamentary spoken has said, done allegedly.

I quote a Juke Box Jury response. Let's play another record folks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-11-2016, 09:09 PM

Actually Meg and excuse my tone. Not wishing to sound rude. I couldn't give a monkeys.

We get an extremely well thought out thread from Asia, written in his own wide words I might add, instead of a regurgitated newspapers story.

What do we get once again hit on the head and here we go again responses. Surely the forum should be encouraging more positive thoughts instead of what some European parliamentary spoken has said, done allegedly.

I quote a Juke Box Jury response. Let's play another record folks.
Goldilocks note this is a Discussion section.

Definition of discussion ...
Discussions an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc.,especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

...that is exactly what I am doing here discussing a subject . If you have no wish to take part that is fine, if you do be prepared along with everyone else taking part to have your statements questioned.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Goldilocks note this is a Discussion section.

Definition of discussion ...
Discussions an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc.,especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

...that is exactly what I am doing here discussing a subject . If you have no wish to take part that is fine, if you do be prepared along with everyone else taking part to have your statements questioned.
There had always been an issue with my comments. Nit picking at times. I voted stay and never had a problem with that. There have always been more who supported exit so never really had a chance to express my view without it being shouted down. Unfair in anyone's eyes.

I commented about a very good article, which I enjoyed.

I gave my views and quite happy with that. Do I need to follow that up.

I am actually getting on with Brexit and accepted it.

Look to the future.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

23-11-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This much I realise Asia. What we see before us is merely the front and trappings of ancient rivalries, ancient wars between those who stay in the shadows. I would hazard a guess that this stems all the way back to Egyptian times and beyond. Ordinary people are of no interest to them whatsoever save until such time as they become a nuisance, and unfortunately, I strongly expect our sheer numbers have now become a nuisance which is why they attack us from all angles, our food, our water, illnesses, drugs and treatments which actually harm us.

I will hear everything you have to say if you will spare the time.

I am curious as to why you chose Mongolia/China as your place to be. Is that not an equally dangerous place?
Let’s take a brief walk through this.

A nineteen thirties depression followed by a war, which slaughtered tens of millions.

The colonies begin to win their independence, which provided the cheap materials to fuel the industrial revolution. No problem, as courtesy of the war dead, there’s plenty of work available. Britain even had to import workers from the Caribbean and with a National Insurance scheme, everyone’s happy.

That’s the generation we grew up in. With a still war battered Germany and Japan there wasn’t really much competition anyway and China was having its own problems with their great leap forward and Cultural Revolution.

Enter the 70s and with a new generation entering the labour force and the industrial rise of Japan and Germany, the UK has to start to compete and it can’t. Remember Scargill, Livingston, Red Robbo, the sick man of Europe, national strikes . . . At this stage, an honest government would have warned the country what was going to happen. Conversely, the Americans made a treaty with the OPEC countries guaranteeing security in exchange for using the Ponzi scheme $US (which they take a commission from) and who in turn, provided protection. The countries, who recently abandoned the dollar, Libya, Iraq and Syria, all felt the wrath of America, as currently are China and Russia, who are now surrounded by NATO.

Enter the 80s and Thatcher sold off the uncompetitive heavy industries to raise cash. Followed by Blair and left with an industrial wasteland, floods the economy with borrowed money, which gave the false sense of prosperity, until 2008. Note how Blair scarpered and gave over power to dopey Brown, the greatest Chancellor in history, he who had solved the capitalist cycles of boom and bust? Blair already knew what was going to happen. In comes Cameron and with no heavy industries left, mass unemployment and currently £1 trillion in debt and rising, has no options left but to talk of Dave’s big society and tell everyone it’s OK. When people complain of cut backs, austerity measures and privatisation, they’re all warnings that the days of entitlement are coming to an end. Cameron recently, deep down, probably breathed a sigh of relief that he’s now out of it all.

What you’re now seeing is a bankrupt economy, run as a banking service industry, which refuses to go into liquidation. In the UK, when government welfare stops, the revolution begins.

I didn’t choose Inner Mongolia, it chose me. We’re head hunted by recruitment agencies often working for governments; it’s how we find work in Asia. Forget the western hype, China is more capitalist that the west and extremely conservative. There are no gay pride marches here, no welfare dependency and as for safety, I can walk down any street, in any city, day or night with no problem. Yes, we’re thoroughly vetted, but that’s another story
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

23-11-2016, 11:48 PM

[QUOTE=Pumicestone;1043103]Asia, I'm not sure what you mean by 'cultural Marxism' -
particularly any threat which it poses to Western developed countries.
Could you expand ? QUOTE]

Although mainly written for a US audience
As a brief overview:

Cultural Marxism: An Introduction

For those wanting to get in depth, with grounding in political science (it isn’t a bedtime read); the full article explains the origins of cultural Marxism and its effects on daily life throughout the west today:

Cultural Marxism - Social Chaos

No need to download or register, just scroll down the page to read.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:04 AM

And your politics are?
I gather that all internet traffic in China is monitored and regulated by the authorities and anyone stepping outside the rules is dealt with quite severely.so in effect you are controlled and have very little freedom in which to express yourself truthfully ?

Page 4 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top