Join for free
Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:31 AM

Re: My Video'd Altercation With An Arriva Driver!

Oh gawd! is this still going ...bring back the bus conductress/clippie whose word was law...if You'd been on a Glasgow bus She would have shouted "come on..get aff"
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 10:40 AM

What if the passenger who refused to move suffered from anxiety when his personal space is invaded. He could suffer from a mental health problem or has simply got fed up of having weird people sitting next to him. (not saying BC is weird)
What if the bus driver had enough of abusive or awkward passengers.
Lots of people have problems.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What if the passenger who refused to move suffered from anxiety when his personal space is invaded. He could suffer from a mental health problem or has simply got fed up of having weird people sitting next to him. (not saying BC is weird)
What if the bus driver had enough of abusive or awkward passengers.
Lots of people have problems.
My cats take up half the sofa. I sometimes end up on the floor.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh gawd! is this still going ...bring back the bus conductress/clippie whose word was law...if You'd been on a Glasgow bus She would have shouted "come on..get aff"
All Boozy's threads drag on, May. I'm hoping he doesn't do a Top 1000 Public Toilets thread
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
all boozy's threads drag on, may. I'm hoping he doesn't do a top 1000 public toilets thread
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
All Boozy's threads drag on, May. I'm hoping he doesn't do a Top 1000 Public Toilets thread
Don't encourage Him Floydy...he'll wear His bus pass out trawling the Towns & Cities looking.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 11:33 AM

He'll be chuffed to bits if Arriva post a a Wanted Dead or Alive poster out on him

Fame at last
( well fames fame innit)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:04 PM

On a serious note, being a bus driver isn't always a great job. they have to put up with unpleasant passengers, keep to a strict schedule, be responsible for the safe transportation of the passengers, and even clear any mess that is left on the bus. I find that many of them are pleasant & sometimes help elderly ladies get their shopping trolleys off the bus.
There used to be a bus driver that always did the route from where I live into town ( about 2-3 miles) and at Christmas he was given lots of gifts by his passengers, because he was so pleasant. Maybe that was because they all got on his bus and sat on the seats that were available!

I am just wondering how many of them would look for another job, if they have to put up with passengers complaining because they can't sit where they want & get reported when they didn't sort it? How will people, who need buses, be able to travel when there are not enough drivers?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:10 PM

On another serious note...you pay for a holiday in a hotel in Llandudno. There is evening entertainment but you can't get a seat because 'the locals' take them before paying guests.

Do 'the locals' offer to give up their seats knowing this...like heck they do
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2018, 12:25 PM

An altercation is when at least two people are having a go at each other.
That wasn't an altercation, that was a rant Boozy.
I can understand your annoyance but it isn't the bus driver's job to allocate seats.
If the guy didn't move if you asked him nicely then he was the one you should have been annoyed with. I would have stood up for the duration of the journey if I was you, as close to him as was humanly possible.

Page 8 of 11 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top