Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 01:44 AM

Re: What foods have you experimented with?

Oooo, well of course there are things like thin slices of apple or pear, try adding garlic and finely chopped onion to the cheese, or maybe anchovy alone, sun dried tomato, blue cheese, actually most cheeses, ham, banana, bacon, chocolate spread, in fact there must be dozens of things that would work.
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 03:15 AM

Recently cooked some semi-dried figs by cutting the tops and putting half a walnut inside. Then almost covered them in white wine. Cooked in oven.
The family said they were a lovely dessert but they found them to be very rich.

Thought now what can I do with the left overs. Decided to make home made ice cream, chopped the figs and walnuts into pieces and put in the ice cream with the thickened juice.

It was delicious and will now be a family favourite.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
I’m still doing the little pastry things using ready rolled pastry strips. It’s the filling I’m experimenting with. Tried corn beef earlier and it was very nice.

Suggestions please. What do you think would taste nice rolled up in thin pastry?
Tuna and Horseradish !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
Recently cooked some semi-dried figs by cutting the tops and putting half a walnut inside. Then almost covered them in white wine. Cooked in oven.
The family said they were a lovely dessert but they found them to be very rich.

Thought now what can I do with the left overs. Decided to make home made ice cream, chopped the figs and walnuts into pieces and put in the ice cream with the thickened juice.

It was delicious and will now be a family favourite.
Sounds lovely !
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 12:14 PM

It was ST. The ice cream toned down the richness. Now have daughter's friends asking for the recipe.
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

08-06-2014, 06:00 PM

daisymay,

Some really good ideas there. Thanks. Never thought about trying fruit. Probably would have eventually though. I can almost taste a banana and cinnamon pastry with cream. I’m allergic to apples of all things.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
I like it a lot. I don’t have a cooker went microwave only a few years back. But can still enjoy a nice pie or grilled or roast stuff in halogen. Quite cheap too at the moment I got mine for £30.

That is really a neat little contraption I've never seen one before.
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

10-06-2014, 04:55 PM

A really quick demonstration of a chicken being cooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6xHmcqU0as
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

10-06-2014, 05:05 PM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top