Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 10:49 AM

Re: Anti Vaxxers Rubbish.

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Pure conjecture and hearsay.

Epidemics are just as likely to be caused by those that had the vaccine who are shedding the virus to others spreading it around.
I quote your words “pure conjecture and hearsay”.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I quote your words “pure conjecture and hearsay”.
and as always I will respond with factual data whereas you . . . just won't

Just one example

Measles Outbreak Traced to Fully Vaccinated Patient for First Time

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...ent-first-time

"Get the measles vaccine, and you won’t get the measles—or give it to anyone else. Right? Well, not always. A person fully vaccinated against measles has contracted the disease and passed it on to others. The startling case study contradicts received wisdom about the vaccine and suggests that a recent swell of measles outbreaks in developed nations could mean more illnesses even among the vaccinated."

"Ultimately, she transmitted the measles to four other people, according to a recent report in Clinical Infectious Diseases that tracked symptoms in the 88 people with whom “Measles Mary” interacted while she was sick. Surprisingly, two of the secondary patients had been fully vaccinated. And although the other two had no record of receiving the vaccine, they both showed signs of previous measles exposure that should have conferred immunity."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 11:17 AM

For those wishing to deal in fact rather than knee-jerk emotional rhetoric you may also wish to read this report by Barbara Loe Fisher, the co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), a non-profit charity dedicated to preventing vaccine injuries and deaths through public education and defending the legal right for everyone to make vaccine choices.

Emerging Risks of Live Virus & Virus Vectored Vaccines

http://www.nvic.org/CMSTemplates/NVI...e-Shedding.pdf

Pages 33 on deal with the MMR vaccine

The bottom line is that the age-old idea of those people not vaccinating their kids being the wicked irresponsible "killers" is just total BS.

Millions of parents are now asking quite rightly . . . "Are my kids now at risk from being infected by those who DID have the vaccine"
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 11:51 AM

Silly comment Pyxell. The thread title is "Anti-Vaxxers" so IT IS specifically an anti-vaccination thread. If you don't like anti-vax discussion why are you in it?

As above. Swims has created a thread specifically about anti-vaxxers. No-one is being disrespected in discussing that topic. Pointless reading it or engaging if you don't want to discuss anti-vaxxers.

No Swimfeeders hasn't Realist. The title was Anti-Vaxx RUBBISH which as I interpret it is the opposite. He is in favour of vaccination, as am I. Think polio vaccine - one prime example of the success of preventive vaccinations.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 12:00 PM

We are very lucky in this country regarding disease prevention through effective vaccination programmes. I think Realist is not taking into account the fact that many countries do not have such comprehensive programmes. Because many people are now widely travelled, they will most certainly come into contact with many undesirable diseases. People also come into this country from countries where measles and other nasties are a real problem. The risk of contracting what we now think of as preventable diseases is still very real in many countries.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... can't find any mention of:

vaccinated people spread flu 6 times more than unvaccinated people.
We've been through all this before his grasp of statistics is tenuous to say the least and he constantly demonstrates that he has absolutely no understanding of 'herd immunity' at all.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-wor...cineeffect.htm
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
No Swimfeeders hasn't Realist. The title was Anti-Vaxx RUBBISH which as I interpret it is the opposite. He is in favour of vaccination, as am I. Think polio vaccine - one prime example of the success of preventive vaccinations.
Absolutely Aerolor, that’s exactly how I read the title of this thread.

Just goes to show how things can be misread by some.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:14 PM

and as always I will respond with factual data whereas you . . . just won't

Just one example

Measles Outbreak Traced to Fully Vaccinated Patient for First Time

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014...ent-first-time

"Get the measles vaccine, and you won’t get the measles—or give it to anyone else. Right? Well, not always. A person fully vaccinated against measles has contracted the disease and passed it on to others. The startling case study contradicts received wisdom about the vaccine and suggests that a recent swell of measles outbreaks in developed nations could mean more illnesses even among the vaccinated."

"Ultimately, she transmitted the measles to four other people, according to a recent report in Clinical Infectious Diseases that tracked symptoms in the 88 people with whom “Measles Mary” interacted while she was sick. Surprisingly, two of the secondary patients had been fully vaccinated. And although the other two had no record of receiving the vaccine, they both showed signs of previous measles exposure that should have conferred immunity."
Hi

I have read the full article.

The last paragraph of which is very specific.

If it turns out that vaccinated people lose their immunity as they get older, that could leave them vulnerable to measles outbreaks seeded by unvaccinated people—which are increasingly common in the United States and other developed countries. Even a vaccine failure rate of 3% to 5% could devastate a high school with a few thousand students, says Robert Jacobson, director of clinical studies for the Mayo Clinic’s Vaccine Research Group in Rochester, Minnesota, who wasn’t involved with the study. Still, he says, “The most important ‘vaccine failure’ with measles happens when people refuse the vaccine in the first place.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2019, 02:17 PM

If everyone is vaccinated then there is no risk.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If everyone is vaccinated then there is no risk.
Equally if everyone lets their kids get Measles then they have natural immunity for life. Problem solved.

One solution is free and natural

The other solution feeds and sustains a multi-billion dollar industry that despite years of practice still has not, nor ever will, eradicate Measles.

"By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers . . .For neither do men live nor die in vain."

H. G.Wells

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top