Join for free
Page 14 of 29 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:54 PM

Re: Boy, 6, 'thrown from 10th floor' of Tate Modern

Now you are jumping to conclusions Zulieika... what makes you think it was an impulse? You have no evidence of that in fact the statements to the press from people who were there actually disagree... they say he had stalked other kids and was acting suspiciously....

Also when he was challenged after the event he told people to blame Social Services..... hardly the actions of a person not thinking straight.....maybe he had an axe to grind.

It seems to me he knew exactly what he was doing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:54 PM

A charge to access the viewing platform, and a higher balcony rail or enclose it completely might be recommended, to make sure this cannot happen again. Certainly more security personnel needed when it reopens.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/967227...ndme-injuries/
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I believe that is the real problem, Twinky.

Those who feel for and support the murderers (and other criminals for that matter), I suspect, have lived their lives in a nice, safe bubble and have never personally experienced serious crime.

I am absolutely sure that if they did experience any such thing they would change their opinions, even if they are staunch Christians who subscribe to universal forgiveness.

Can you imagine if such people ruled the country? Criminals would take full advantage and have a field day, even more so than they already do!

In fact, do-gooders and hand-wringers are the most dangerous people there are, as they encourage crime.
I havn’t lived in a bubble, I’ve experienced violent crime, I know I’m not a staunch Christian , I’m neither a hand wringer nor a dogooder .Im just me with my own set of values and cannot accept the taking of a life for a life would be a deterrent .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I havn’t lived in a bubble, I’ve experienced violent crime, I know I’m not a staunch Christian , I’m neither a hand wringer nor a dogooder .Im just me with my own set of values and cannot accept the taking of a life for a life would be a deterrent .
I agree with you on that Zuleika
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I believe that is the real problem, Twinky.

Those who feel for and support the murderers (and other criminals for that matter), I suspect, have lived their lives in a nice, safe bubble and have never personally experienced serious crime.

I am absolutely sure that if they did experience any such thing they would change their opinions, even if they are staunch Christians who subscribe to universal forgiveness.

Can you imagine if such people ruled the country? Criminals would take full advantage and have a field day, even more so than they already do!

In fact, do-gooders and hand-wringers are the most dangerous people there are, as they encourage crime.
We certainly need to do something drastic! Almost every week we hear of somebody being murdered and it is obvious that life imprisonment isn't working, because some get out on parole & then try to do it again!
Capital punishment, where guilt is no question of doubt, would reduce those who now accept murder as being justified.
If they are so mentally ill, that they try to commit murder, how can we ever believe that they can be cured?
The victim in this case is a small boy, on holiday with his family, who now has a bleed on the brain, a broken spine & broken limbs..... so even if he survives it seems unlikely that he will not be permanently damaged!
Anybody, sane or insane, should never walk the streets again, if they are responsible for actions like this..... and with the rate they are increasing there will not be enough places for them all to be permanently kept in secure settings!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Now you are jumping to conclusions Zulieika... what makes you think it was an impulse? You have no evidence of that in fact the statements to the press from people who were there actually disagree... they say he had stalked other kids and was acting suspiciously....

Also when he was challenged after the event he told people to blame Social Services..... hardly the actions of a person not thinking straight.....maybe he had an axe to grind.

It seems to me he knew exactly what he was doing.
Maybe ,Summer although it would have to be revealed to me that he set out with intent to do harm that day.It was all out in the open wasn’t it?
Who knows what goes on in the minds of those described as suffering severe mental illnesses?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

08-08-2019, 04:06 PM

Just one more thing.... this is a young man who did this... its only recently our society called 17yr olds children.... think back to when you were 17.... I was earning a living... living on my own.... 17yrs old is not a child he should be treated as an adult.
Zuleika
North West UK

08-08-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Just one more thing.... this is a young man who did this... its only recently our society called 17yr olds children.... think back to when you were 17.... I was earning a living... living on my own.... 17yrs old is not a child he should be treated as an adult.
Actually so far as this case is concernened he’s a juvenile .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

08-08-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Actually so far as this case is concernened he’s a juvenile .
He is a young man.... stocky heavily built able to answer every question on an adult quiz show correctly... not a child or a juvenile a young man who regardless of his mental state should be held responsible for his actions.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Writing to your MP might get a result, ranting on a forum having a go at each other achieves nothing.

Page 14 of 29 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top