Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 02:25 PM

Meaningful Discussions

Do you have long and meaningful chats with your wife, husband, significant other? Do you have long pregnant pauses when very little is said? Or do you, like my wife and I after 58 years of happy deadlock, oops! wedlock, know just what the other is thinking and have the reply already formulating in your head?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 02:39 PM

Re: Meaningful Discussions

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Do you have long and meaningful chats with your wife, husband, significant other? Do you have long pregnant pauses when very little is said? Or do you, like my wife and I after 58 years of happy deadlock, oops! wedlock, know just what the other is thinking and have the reply already formulating in your head?
My husband and I have very deep conversations a lot. When we are watching TV we usually don't shut up so its rare we get to watch a programme all the way through. I can honestly say I've never felt an awkward silence, if there is silence, we are fine with that silence, unless, of course, the silence is because of cross words. We soon make up and never leave the house on an argument, there is a reason for that but that's another thread.

We do read each others minds, I often say 'will you get out of my head' LOL.

We know each other inside out and at times we could finish each others sentences.

all this comes from being together 44 years married almost 43. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thinking about it, I don't have awkward silences with my best friend either, we never shut up!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:30 PM

I think I have taught the wife to talk, and she has taught me to shut up.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:32 PM

A great reply LQ and long may that last. A really strong relationship.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

17-03-2020, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I think I have taught the wife to talk, and she has taught me to shut up.

Maybe not such a strong relationship Spitty.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My husband and I have very deep conversations a lot. When we are watching TV we usually don't shut up so its rare we get to watch a programme all the way through. I can honestly say I've never felt an awkward silence, if there is silence, we are fine with that silence, unless, of course, the silence is because of cross words. We soon make up and never leave the house on an argument, there is a reason for that but that's another thread.

We do read each others minds, I often say 'will you get out of my head' LOL.

We know each other inside out and at times we could finish each others sentences.

all this comes from being together 44 years married almost 43. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thinking about it, I don't have awkward silences with my best friend either, we never shut up!
I often say to Val that I'm going to buy an aluminium foil helmet to stop her reading my mind.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Maybe not such a strong relationship Spitty.
Au contraire, learning, and bringing something different to the table, is a great combination.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 04:53 PM

We will have been married for 35 years and yes, we still converse much of the time on all sorts of topics from family to politics. There are silences of course, and often for long periods if we are reading or doing things individually, but the silences are never awkward, just the opposite in fact. We are very comfortable in each other's company and are incredibly lucky to have both found our soul mate. I wouldn't change our relationship for the world...
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:29 PM

A lovely post, Barry - long may it continue.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:27 PM

Yes we talk here too, we moan about everything ( kidding )

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top