Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 04:08 PM

Weird

What an unusual and weird Mothers Day. Three sons and their families coming along this morning leaving flowers etc on the patio while yelling messages of affection through several layers of toughened double glazing. Who would have thought that was going to happen back at the beginning of the year.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 04:40 PM

Re: Weird

I got my present a while ago. Today Daughter handed me a card, at arms length, Son forgot completely, though he did pay for half the present I got.
We would have been away at a fair today anyway.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 04:42 PM

I’ve witnessed this today with one family :but others are behaving as always ,going indoors for an hour at least and yes I’m curtain twitching ..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 05:22 PM

Both my daughters came to see me. They cleansed their hands on entering my house and we we kept a 6 ft space between us. I'm hoping that was precaution enough.

My son Ady & family had a different approach. We met them all on the park and they gave me my present & we all had a walk round keeping a good distance apart. Then we sat & watched 6 yr old Josh ride his 2 wheeler bike.

I've had a nice day considering & hope I haven't taken any silly risks.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Both my daughters came to see me. They cleansed their hands on entering my house and we we kept a 6 ft space between us. I'm hoping that was precaution enough.

My son Ady & family had a different approach. We met them all on the park and they gave me my present & we all had a walk round keeping a good distance apart. Then we sat & watched 6 yr old Josh ride his 2 wheeler bike.

I've had a nice day considering & hope I haven't taken any silly risks.
Completely opposite to me Carol, my son has been dead for over twenty years and my grandchildren live in other places . I even banned someone eager to come into my home to eat with me.
No one is sure they’re not carrying or incubating this dreadful virus despite showing no symptoms whatsoever .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Completely opposite to me Carol, my son has been dead for over twenty years and my grandchildren live in other places . I even banned someone eager to come into my home to eat with me.
No one is sure they’re not carrying or incubating this dreadful virus despite showing no symptoms whatsoever .
Don't you think the precautions we took were enough then Zuleka?

Washing hands thoroughly and keeping 6 ft apart?
Zuleika
North West UK

22-03-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Don't you think the precautions we took were enough then Zuleka?

Washing hands thoroughly and keeping 6 ft apart?
Since you’re asking no I don’t Carol .
You’re one putting yourseves at risk imo and of course your family were ignoring the advice given by the Prime Minister which was “ the best present you can give your mother is to stay away”
Incidentally are you going to be busy wiping everything down your family have touched ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 05:45 PM

My daughter phoned and she was coming just to see me. We had a chat, me on the doorstep and she was at the garden gate, she wouldn’t even come into the garden as she didn’t want to put us at risk. That made my day
Zuleika
North West UK

22-03-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My daughter phoned and she was coming just to see me. We had a chat, me on the doorstep and she was at the garden gate, she wouldn’t even come into the garden as she didn’t want to put us at risk. That made my day
How sensible Mags . It’s awkward and difficult to persuade others that we’re following advice both to protect ourselves and by doing so freeing up beds and ventilators for the desperately ill but you sound to have a sensible daughter .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 11:41 PM

We should have been out for a Mothers Day meal today. 7 of us. My daughter, her fiance, her mother-in-law and father-in-law to be, an aunt and her sister and muggins here.

I had a fudge bar and cuppa while gardening instead.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top