Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Re: Rates of Gout on the Increase

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - they are part of the Deadly Nightshade family - so who knows. Will have to do some research now!

See - forums are good - they make you think!
Excellent I hope you find something about the Chinese - there has to be a reason why my head is linking the two.

Forums are excellent for info - espcially weird stuff that's difficult to find ordinarily and my search abilities are rubbish
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I recall reading somewhere they could be used in place of aspirin, so something in them is pretty powerful.
Asprin! Crikey, I didn't know that. I hope Silver Tabby finds that one out too.

I love reading medieval novels and I'm always amazed at the things they used as cures and pain relief that it turns out actually do work. Fascinating stuff coming out on this thread
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I've recently been put on a blood pressure drug can you give the name of it? I've got enough problems without getting gout as well
Will PM you, b-v, but doubt you will have any problem with it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I may have this wrong but it's rattling around inside my head so I shall air it here and see if anyone knows more about it: I'm sure I once heard that the Chinese do not eat the pips/seeds in tomatoes because of something in them. I was also told, by a consultant gastroenterologist (sp?), to remove the seeds of tomatoes before I eat them. So, maybe it's something in the seeds?
I may be wrong but I don't think tomato seeds are digested , they pass straight through. At the sewage farms tomato plants grow all over the place.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 04:45 PM

Thank you, Julie, those are very interesting links.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 05:03 PM

Aren't I the lucky one!!! - I hate tomatoes, so like Jim, I can drink my Port and eat my over-ripe pheasants in peace, knowing I'm immune from Gout.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Will PM you, b-v, but doubt you will have any problem with it.
Many thanks orangutan.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I may be wrong but I don't think tomato seeds are digested , they pass straight through. At the sewage farms tomato plants grow all over the place.
well I hope they don't harvest them and sell them to the supermarkets!

I had a tomato plant growing in my drain once (devil of a job to pull it out as well) because I tend to slice the tomato and then rinse the seeds out of it - it didn't occur to me they would root in the drain; I now don't do that.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

16-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Well, well, well - very interesting reading and some good tips there. Thank you for taking the time to find and post those (have now bookmarked them as well - the bit about the chili was very enlightening).

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top