Join for free
Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:27 PM

Re: Why do some members only post in one area?

Originally Posted by May ->
Oh gawd!,,,don't YOU start.....I'm expecting a rollicking from the big Man as it is
Just lie and say, you like all the sections and you’ll be ok!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:34 PM

I cannot tell a lie cos I'm an honest Lass ...(You know He'll have a hissy fit and blame Us for going off topic)...I'm leaving now cos I'm scared of the consequences
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
For instance, there are a lot of people who have only ever been seen on the political threads. They don't have any input on the various general and friendlier threads at all.

Likewise, there may be a daily 'Good morning' from a couple of people then they are gone for the day.

And the bloke who only pops in to talk about his unicycle

I don't post in all the forums as gardening and cats don't interest me but I think I post in a few different areas and enjoy a conversation with many people.

Why are some members so rigidly militant in their postings?
I feel that some have only joined to stir up trouble. Perhaps they've looked in on the site at some point and decided to join to spew their bile on certain threads?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We seem to be divided: half friendly banter, half right wing aggression, shows we have different views on the meaning and purpose of this website.
Don't forget the left-wing aggression displayed on some of the threads on this site.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I feel that some have only joined to stir up trouble. Perhaps they've looked in on the site at some point and decided to join to spew their bile on certain threads?

Yes, I'd agree with that, usually on the Brexit/politics threads.
Those threads have people who don't even bother with an introduction, just launch straight into arguing.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 12:19 AM

I keep popping in just to check that your all behaving yourselves
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:17 AM

Oi!,,who're You callin' old Ya cheeky bugger..Ye deserve a clip round the ear'ole for casting aspersions
You're young at heart, May. How's that for a back-handed compliment!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
‘Oi Whore’?
May, did you just call Floydy, a whore?
I don't mind being used as a virtual sex slave via cyberspace, Arty. I've had worse

Oh gawd!,,,don't YOU start.....I'm expecting a rollicking from the big Man as it is
You know you love it really, May
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by may ->
i cannot tell a lie cos i'm an honest lass ...(you know he'll have a hissy fit and blame us for going off topic)...i'm leaving now cos i'm scared of the consequences
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-03-2019, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Those threads have people who don't even bother with an introduction, just launch straight into arguing.
At least I haven't had any rollockings from any of those uniquely-posting Brexit members (yet). They know who they are using our forum as a political platform without a hint of a general "Hello" or humorous general thread post.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-03-2019, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Exactly Mups!

Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top