Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 01:06 PM

Re: Battered deep fried fish

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No batter is the way to go, grill the fish it is healthier
Grilled fish is great yes. BBQ even better. And healthier. But a delicately battered piece of Barramundi every now and then is a real treat.. I love cooking Japanese tempura.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Harbal has a spare Egg if you are interested.
You’re too funny
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Ms d00d likes deep fried battered fish.

She eats the fish but not the batter.

We pan fry fish at home ... a little olive oil, add fish (dried with paper towel) salt & pepper and put the lid on.

You just need one of these. Nearly all our food is done in a pan like that.

Thanks, helpful tip!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

20-11-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am always looking for a better recipe on many of my foods. Seems like my tastes change as I get older.

Currently, I'm interested in improving my recipe/method of doing a deep fried cod.

What recommendations do people have ?
Do you use a club soda in the batter ? Beer ? Egg ? Rice flour?

if you go to a fish and chips place to buy take out, is the coating on the fish soggy by the time you get home.

I really want a light, very crispy batter on my deep fried cod.
No one but the British know how to make a proper fish and chips !
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Thanks, helpful tip!
Most of the fish we buy is in steaks with a little bit of bone in the middle, cook this way - part fry part steam in its own juice - until it falls off the bone, nice 'n moist 'n tasty. Clean & simple too, with little smell & little washing up.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 08:11 PM

I eat healthily most of the time so l think l deserve a ‘Naughty but Nice’ now and again!

I just love battered cod or haddock from the fish and chip shop with just salt on the fish and wrapped separately whilst l get it home, so the fish doesn’t get soggy.

Last week, l made my own battered cod and chips. They were so nice. I made my batter with self raising flour, bit of salt and mixed with soda water. In the past, l have used tonic water.

These are the recent ones l made to show my brother and sisters via WhatsApp! I had too much batter mix so l poured the extra onto the fish, hence its thick batter...
I added peas after.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	79EC8275-53E0-4BDF-9FCA-C2B478C86F6D.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	14140  
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2020, 11:18 PM

ArtAngel, A very nice looking piece of fish.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2020, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
ArtAngel, A very nice looking piece of fish.
Wow! Bakerman. Coming from a master chef/baker such as yourself, l will take that as a great compliment! Thank You.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top