Join for free
Page 68 of 79 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:11 PM

Re: Merged Facebook threads.

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was once sent a picture of someone who posts here on Facebook the person who sent it was pretending to be him.....I knew it wasn't and I refused the friend request but I have to admit it I don't come here quite as often.
It wasn't me!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 12:57 PM

facebook?........No Way......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
facebook?........No Way......
Facebook is OK if you stick to known groups and friends/relatives.
Having said that, it can be clunky and over-moderated.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Facebook is OK if you stick to known groups and friends/relatives.
Having said that, it can be clunky and over-moderated.
Not enough hours in the day for facebook JB, Over fifties get's my undivided attention in the limited computer time I allow myself...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-11-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Not enough hours in the day for facebook JB, Over fifties get's my undivided attention in the limited computer time I allow myself...
I agree. This is the best site on t'internet. Especially designed for us old farts, of course.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
i agree. This is the best site on t'internet. Especially designed for us old farts, of course.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:46 AM

1. I have a direct line via 'mesenger' to my local police station & can talk to an officer within a few minutes. This has been very helpful with my bollard problem. I have opened a 'log' and report any vandolism/threats.

2. I have contact with my MP's secretary who looked into the problem I had with the neighbours. ie: me requesting removal of gate so neighbours could turn their cars round on spare land.

3. I have direct contact with E-on to discuss my tariff.

4. I belong to a wonderful group for people who suffer from the same auto immune disease as I do. (polymyalgia rheumatica or PMR) I get such help & advice from this group it's unbelievable.

5. Another wonderful group I belong to is the 'Dementia & Alzheimers Group UK' I get the best advice & help from that group - sympathy too.

6. On a lighter note I joined The Derbyshire Goldies. it's a social group. We meet for lunch & other activities. I took a group of them on a beautiful walk with lunch afterwards. They all enjoyed it. In the meantime we all keep in touch via our face-book group page.

Then I'm in a general gardening group, a cold greenhouse group. a slow cooker users group and a few 'private groups' One being my cousins group. I and all her other followers are currently following her & hubby as they tour round Europe in their camper van.

Finally - my games. I love face book scrabble & play it daily.

Just thought I'd mention this in case some members here have a wrong idea about Face-book.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:05 AM

I love FB as well,

I belong to a few buy and sell sites.

I was amazed at the “ Praise The Lord” groups and worship...watch a lot of live black worshiping in Uganda.

I am also very careful what I post,Carol.

I also use messenger to FaceTime a few Christian friends, who I met in a new church I joined,...after losing contact with them for nearly 30 yrs, we had a lot of catching up to do.

I haven’t tried the games, so, will look into that.

I never thought I’d be saying this about FB.

Oh, I also looked my estranged son up,( middle one) he looks more like me every day,....has a lovely wife and 2 children, boy and girl..trying to find the courage to look my eldest son up.....I’m scared he may see me!..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:11 AM

I have to say that I am delighted, Carol & Pauline, that you are getting so much positivity from Facebook. I am not on it, and when I was, I just didn't use it very much apart from keeping in touch with family and playing a few games. Then all the privacy issues changed and I kept getting friend requests notifications from people I didn't know, then finally when people started putting up pics of their lunch, I just came right off it!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have to say that I am delighted, Carol & Pauline, that you are getting so much positivity from Facebook. I am not on it, and when I was, I just didn't use it very much apart from keeping in touch with family and playing a few games. Then all the privacy issues changed and I kept getting friend requests notifications from people I didn't know, then finally when people started putting up pics of their lunch, I just came right off it!

To be honest,Pixie,I only really go on there,for fellowship ,as we have had no church in a year, watching on a video isn’t the same,you don’t have that bonding/ interaction/ hugging with each other.....same for families.....which I believe,many of us took for granted.....” I need a real hug”,

Other than that, I am very careful what I put on my timeline, plus my Pastor is watching,...

I am a questioner as well, on quite a few evangelist posts, I’m unpopular at times,.....that won’t stop me questioning..

Page 68 of 79 « First < 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top