Join for free
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 04:03 AM

Only Fools and Horses Musical

https://onlyfoolsmusical.com/

Would anyone go?I think I would.
I'm not a musical person but OFAH could raise a titter now and again.Paul Whitehouse as grandad would be a laugh.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 04:24 AM

Re: Only Fools and Horses Musical

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
https://onlyfoolsmusical.com/

Would anyone go?I think I would.
I'm not a musical person but OFAH could raise a titter now and again.Paul Whitehouse as grandad would be a laugh.
Yeah it would be a good laugh. Who would play Del Boy? Maybe Toby Jones (who played Captain Mainwaring in the recent Dad's Army film) and definitely Blake Harrison as Rodney (Neil from The Inbetweeners).
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 04:40 AM

Many appleogies Floydy,I seem to have misled you there.It's happening as we speak.It's not always easy to click on a link I know but ...Del is played by Tom Bennet ? Rodney by Ryan Hutton? and grandad by PW.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Many appleogies Floydy,I seem to have misled you there.It's happening as we speak.It's not always easy to click on a link I know but ...Del is played by Tom Bennet ? Rodney by Ryan Hutton? and grandad by PW.
I'll apologise even more, PS. I didn't look at the link! That'll teach me to go spouting rubbish.
I'd still like to see it though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:18 AM

No I wouldn't bother. It couldn't be as good as the series.

I recently went to see 'The Full Monty' and it was nowhere near as good as the film. Mostly it was all dialogue, not much music.. In parts it was boring.

In future I'll only go to musicals that I know contain a lot of music.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:33 AM

I’d love to go

https://youtu.be/EG0IO-CZp3s
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:39 AM

I'm not keen on that sort of thing. I can't imagine other actors in much loved roles.

There must be people with original ideas out there without adapting tv series for the stage.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 10:13 AM

There was an item about OFAHM on TV with the cast, it looked dire

I think it is a mistake to try to cash in on something which worked well, many people have a set image of a programme in their minds and poor imitations can be a disappointment.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top