Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 01:31 AM

Re: The perils of garden life in OZ

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, thanks Gummy.
Seems strange though, when others here can see it?

Oh well, not to worry.
there again it could be the base you are using on your pc - like chrome ; firefox ; internet explorer - these are all default programs some better than others etc - sometimes you need an updated one to take videos?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 01:43 AM

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2019, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
see what we have to put up with??

goanna attack!
OMG gumbud, I know I must sound like a Victorian lady ready to swoon at the thought, but that was horrific! what if it had been a child?
Although you live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, I certainly couldn't! especially as I have a fear of spiders, snakes and suchlike.
The worst thing I have ever seen in my garden was a dormouse running across the lawn, and that was enough to send me running back into the house!.
I would be a quivering wreck living in your neck of the woods.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 02:33 AM

Noisy Miners.
Birds not Arthur Scargills.
They chase all the other birds away and even the dog.Although she loves it and will bait them if she's bored.
Here they are having a go at a Kookaburra

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 08:34 AM

Big bullies!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 08:49 AM

The kookaburra didn't look too phased by them but he didn't eat from the pan in front of him.....very wise
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
The kookaburra didn't look too phased by them but he didn't eat from the pan in front of him.....very wise
They eat different foods. A Kookaburra is a type of kingfisher - eats spiders, lizards as well as fish. A Noisy Miner eats nectar, fruit etc. Noisy Miners are quite aggressive they stand up to the invasive Indian Mynah
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
any comments SP? - narrative or title?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:36 PM

Given the number of spiders etc., just waiting to strike - why is that man waling about bare foot? We should know these things.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Given the number of spiders etc., just waiting to strike - why is that man waling about bare foot? We should know these things.
Nephew got bitten by a Funnel Web, when out in the garden barefoot. He must have trodden on it. He was rushed to hospital & luckily recovered, but neither boys went barefoot any more.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top