Join for free
Page 258 of 258 « First < 158 208 248 256 257 258
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Haven't been able to check performance in the gym as the electronic key system has been down the last couple of times I have been there. "No Internet Access" message on the console, meaning the machines can't transmit any data. Technology, eh! I knew it was all too good to be true.

I decided just to have fun and didn't even bother counting the reps manually. I actually increased some weights, too.
Surfermom
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Haven't been able to check performance in the gym as the electronic key system has been down the last couple of times I have been there. "No Internet Access" message on the console, meaning the machines can't transmit any data. Technology, eh! I knew it was all too good to be true.

I decided just to have fun and didn't even bother counting the reps manually. I actually increased some weights, too.
There's something to be said for that kind of workout too, though I am surprised that there is no one to address the tech issue. Some of the best running I have every done has been without the running watch and nothing pressing to do.

It's cloudy, rainy and very cold but with the next several days being on the road, I am not going to be dissuaded by the weather today. By checking in, I have to make a go of it so...

Thank you, Floydy and good call on ramping up slowly!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Yesterday, 11:12 PM

We seem to have swapped weather Surfermom, this mornings five was under a clear blue sky and a rising sun. Apparently Friday could reach 15*C very unusual for this time of year. I just hope it's not the lull before the storm.
Surfermom
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Today, 04:10 AM

Give me my weather back, OGF!

Actually, you are welcome to borrow it for a while, as long as you promise to give it back..

With a day trip in the car tomorrow, I'll be spending it mostly with my face pressed against the window, wishing I was on the other side of the glass. While that's a bit of an exaggeration since I'll be driving, an outdoor run is out of the question. With good fortune though, the hotel will have a proper gym so I can at least run on the hamster mill and remember Floydy's tips while I make my way around the expected machines.

Even with the rain, and to my word, I dove into the rainy day to find that the winds had died down and it was warmer than expected. Though it wasn't raining cats and dogs - it was seemingly raining frogs! Where the main road crosses my little creek, several tiny toads were hopping the way across the road. I stopped long enough to chase them back into the marsh so they wouldn't fall victim to passing cars. Back on my way, with squishing shoes and rain dripping of the tip of my nose, I sloshed my way onward.

Remember when we used to splash in the puddles when we were little? Well for five miles, I did just that....

I hope you find yourself on the good side of the windows tomorrow!
Page 258 of 258 « First < 158 208 248 256 257 258

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top