Join for free
Page 251 of 370 « First < 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 05:50 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Wonderfully done, Tachyon 156 reps on the chest press - how many sets was that?!
Nice to see you doing a little more on the legs mate too, remember to give them a rest for two or three days though before your next session and you will be surprised how much more you'll be able to lift.

You deserve your 'treat' by the way
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 06:12 PM

Weight-lifting - empty kettle - tap - full kettle.

Cognition - Plug kettle in - switch on.

Nutrition - Compile sandwich using bread, left over sausages and brown sauce. Make tea when kettle boils.

Balance - Carry cup of tea, book, papers and plate of sandwiches without spillage.

Stamina - Walk all the way from the kitchen to the sitting room.

Mindfulness I am being followed by two cats.

R & R - Sink gracefully on to sofa - swing feet up - relax and enjoy "Where Eagles Dare", best comedy film ever made!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Weight-lifting - empty kettle - tap - full kettle.
Add a little more water each time. watch those biceps bulge!

Cognition - Plug kettle in - switch on.
Good wrist and forearm action!

Nutrition - Compile sandwich using bread, left over sausages and brown sauce. Make tea when kettle boils.
Haven't you heard: Cholesterol is the new protein! Top dieticians swear by it!

Balance - Carry cup of tea, book, papers and plate of sandwiches without spillage.
Excellent all-round balance and weight distribution strengths

Stamina - Walk all the way from the kitchen to the sitting room.
Superb sense of coordination

Mindfulness I am being followed by two cats.
An active mind is an active body

R & R - Sink gracefully on to sofa - swing feet up - relax and enjoy "Where Eagles Dare", best comedy film ever made!
Imagine you're in the film and acting out the parts - an all-round stunt woman!
See my annotations ^
Very droll, Tabs, but you need work on this exercise lark a tad
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 07:53 PM

Will try harder, Floydy, I know I am a long way from your standard!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Wonderfully done, Tachyon 156 reps on the chest press - how many sets was that?!
Nice to see you doing a little more on the legs mate too, remember to give them a rest for two or three days though before your next session and you will be surprised how much more you'll be able to lift.

You deserve your 'treat' by the way
It was 10 sets, varying between 10 and 20 reps per set. I still can't figure out how I did so many without sort of taking notice. Still, it was a gym session when everything was "in the zone" and going smoothly, so I was enjoying myself and probably wasn't counting reps like I usually do. I would have stayed longer at the gym, but thought I'd quit while I was ahead, lol.

Good advice on resting the legs. They felt fine on the walk home after I got off the bus, but they're stiff when I walk around the house now. Still, it's the quadriceps rather than the knee joint, which is just how I hoped it would be.

Keep up the good work!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 10:38 PM

I've been slacking the last two weeks but not through choice, just been working 3 jobs and no damn time. I've now jacked one of the jobs in so I'll be back at it from Monday. Been swimming today for 45 minutes and lots of walking so I'm back on track.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-02-2019, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It was 10 sets, varying between 10 and 20 reps per set. I still can't figure out how I did so many without sort of taking notice. Still, it was a gym session when everything was "in the zone" and going smoothly, so I was enjoying myself and probably wasn't counting reps like I usually do. I would have stayed longer at the gym, but thought I'd quit while I was ahead, lol.

Good advice on resting the legs. They felt fine on the walk home after I got off the bus, but they're stiff when I walk around the house now. Still, it's the quadriceps rather than the knee joint, which is just how I hoped it would be.

Keep up the good work!
Your legs may ache a little more tomorrow unfortunately Tachyon. It takes time for the DOMS to set in, which is the process of muscle breakdown and rebuilding. Something to look forward to in the morning....not!
It's all worth it for the results though mate. Trust me
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-02-2019, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've been slacking the last two weeks but not through choice, just been working 3 jobs and no damn time. I've now jacked one of the jobs in so I'll be back at it from Monday. Been swimming today for 45 minutes and lots of walking so I'm back on track.
Don't feel ashamed, Lion Queen. Sometimes we forget that our work burns off as many or more calories than our external exercise routines.
I thrash myself to bits sometimes in the gym in an effort to catch up on days I've missed, but forget that I'm on my feet all night at work walking 6-8 miles and throwing around heavy items.
Well done on the swim today!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-02-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Will try harder, Floydy, I know I am a long way from your standard!
You'll look like a superhero in no time, Tabby, drinking all that tea!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

10-02-2019, 02:49 PM

Sunday 10/2/19: “7’s” 25mins.
(All weights in kgs)

Intending to rest following my pretty decent workout yesterday, I did quickly manage a couple of strength exercises at the gym. Every little adds up…

Chest press:
25x35, 15x45, 10x60, 8x70, 6x85
10x65, 25x30

Fly delt dec.:
25x80, 20x95, 15x110, 12x125, 10x140
15x95, 20x65
*Instead of the regular inward pull which exercises the deltoids, I changed my hand position so the palms faced each other and used mostly my biceps to do this exercise. I still managed to pull the full weight stack. 140kgs not bad going using just the guns!

I had to go to get back for 2pm as I’m expecting my stepdaughter anytime now. She has had some problems and has left her partner but is now fixed up with a house for her and the kids, moving in next week. Our house is full of her things so I expect to be a removal man next weekend. As far as exercise goes, I’ll fit it in when I can.

Thanks for reading

Page 251 of 370 « First < 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 261 301 351 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top