Join for free
Page 253 of 370 « First < 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:54 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Hi Fitness Freaks !
You don’t mind me calling you that do you?
It’s said in the most playful way.

Check Tachyon out.
Now there’s other serious weight lifters here.
Good stuff.

I’ve been going to the gym and normally jogging 2 kilometres, riding 5 miles, do a 20 minute leg workout and either do weight lifting for my arms or for my legs.
I usually only go 2 or 3 times a week.

Tonight I went swimming only and swam a full mile to see what my swimming speed is which is a mile in 45 minutes. It didn’t leave very much time to shower and wash my hair but I managed. At -10 it freezes very quickly. Luckily my car isn’t far and warms up quickly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hi Fitness Freaks !
You don’t mind me calling you that do you?
It’s said in the most playful way.

Check Tachyon out.
Now there’s other serious weight lifters here.
Good stuff.

I’ve been going to the gym and normally jogging 2 kilometres, riding 5 miles, do a 20 minute leg workout and either do weight lifting for my arms or for my legs.
I usually only go 2 or 3 times a week.

Tonight I went swimming only and swam a full mile to see what my swimming speed is which is a mile in 45 minutes. It didn’t leave very much time to shower and wash my hair but I managed. At -10 it freezes very quickly. Luckily my car isn’t far and warms up quickly.
"Only" visiting the gym 2-3 times per week is quite okay to be honest, Bratti, when you are swimming, jogging and riding as well. Great stuff there!
Is that horse 'riding' you mean?

No, I've been called a freak before and it's better than other names, so I'll excuse you!

Yes, it's great to see Tachyon really getting to grips in the gym. I was becoming quite lonesone being the only one who pumped the iron. Now I have a gym buddy at last!

Keep up the good work Bratti. Are you training tomorrow?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 04:33 AM

Thanks Floydy.
By riding I mean the bicycling machine which is set in the middle for hardness/ challenging but I do like horseback riding.

I still do my yoga in the morning and walk my dogs everyday for 1/2 an hour to an hour so I am staying very active. Working out any more I think would be overkill.

I have noticed that shovelled the driveway and house decks is become easy so I must be getting stronger but I’ll never be in the kind of shape my brother is. He’s a marathoner so is SUPER fit.

So fitness freak it is then
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:49 AM

I've gone dizzy just reading about the amount of exercise going on in here.....
A couple of new guys in here.....I knew Realspeed and Tabby couldn't resist getting into some workouts after reading what's going on in this thread, it sort of rubs off doesn't it....I hope to be reading some regular reports of progress by you two....

Floydy and Tachyon, are they putting something in the water where you live, some awesome exercising going on there....Tachyon, just be mindful of your previous Heart issues! I have to back off sometimes when I feel the urge to 'Give it some'....

Bratti, do you fancy coming and giving Mrs Fox some coaching, she's trying to dispel her image of couch potato and 'Say Yes To the Dress' addiction.... ...In all fairness though, she is going out walking every day, and putting in the odd fifteen minutes on the exercise bike...

What am I doing I hear you ask?.....
Well runnings occuring every time it's supposed to [four sessions per week] although running with a head cold is not everyone's idea of fun, but I must admit that the only time I can breath through my nose is after a run, but energy seems to be in short supply, and I've been struggling over the last mile or two on most runs....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Thanks Floydy.
By riding I mean the bicycling machine which is set in the middle for hardness/ challenging but I do like horseback riding.

I still do my yoga in the morning and walk my dogs everyday for 1/2 an hour to an hour so I am staying very active. Working out any more I think would be overkill.

I have noticed that shovelled the driveway and house decks is become easy so I must be getting stronger but I’ll never be in the kind of shape my brother is. He’s a marathoner so is SUPER fit.

So fitness freak it is then
We used to use marathons for practice for 42 and 56 mile fell runs Bratti....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:42 PM

Nice to see you pop in again, Bob. Sorry to hear about the cold though at least you're not one to give in easily

Tachyon - as Bob mentions your previous heart issues (which tbh I'd forgotten about), stay away from any tension training routines I might post. They would not suit you as they increase the heart rate in an ungodly fashion. Do as you're doing, gradual increaes in weight and some high reps and you'll be just fine and in better health than you have been in for years

- - - - - - - - - -

You know when sometimes you feel raring to go and are chomping at the bit to do your exercise? Well it happens to me on rare occasions. A nice continuation of my 'tension training' programme, today to try on the biceps....
On entering the gym I simply lost the motivation. The place was rammed for some strange reason, even the benches were all taken and I just couldn't be bothered. I did however manage one exercise, being part of my routine whereby all I needed was a bar and a standing area, four sets on the E-Z curl bar:

12x28 - pause - 10x28 - pause - 8x28
10x38 - pause - 2x38
6x43 (to failure)
24x18 high reps
*On the first set I used a wider grip than normal which involves more of the outside 'peak' of the biceps, the closer grip on the remaining sets forming the harder and larger inner 'belly' of the biceps. It's certainly not easy to pause a bar at the top contraction when you're standing up for five breaths then do another 2-3 sets without putting the bar down, but that's what builds and retains muscle and even though I only did this one exercise I can feel the work done in my arms.
I'll fine tune this exercise and add it to my full upper body session later in the week.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
...Tachyon, just be mindful of your previous Heart issues! I have to back off sometimes when I feel the urge to 'Give it some'....
Sound advice indeed. I sometimes think I'm a bit over-cautious, but slow and steady is the way. I catch myself thinking I wonder if I could chest press 45kg instead of 35kg, but sanity prevails and I stick with the 35kg but do more reps.

I hope your cold clears soon - I admire you for continuing to run while you have one!!
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Tachyon - as Bob mentions your previous heart issues (which tbh I'd forgotten about), stay away from any tension training routines I might post. They would not suit you as they increase the heart rate in an ungodly fashion. Do as you're doing, gradual increaes in weight and some high reps and you'll be just fine and in better health than you have been in for years
What's tension training again? Sounds interesting but I definitely wouldn't risk trying it. Maybe in a year if I haven't dropped dead in the gym before then.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-02-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
What's tension training again? Sounds interesting but I definitely wouldn't risk trying it. Maybe in a year if I haven't dropped dead in the gym before then.
It's all explained in my posts of this week and last mate. Basically, a each set is carried out doing as many reps as possible until you can't do any more - but the key thing is NOT to drop the weight, you hold it steady with your muscles taking the strain and 'pausing' while you catch your breath. Then you carry on with the set and do more reps, then a third time.
On the next set you do two parts to the set but with more weight.
The final set is simply a much heavier one doing as many reps as you can until 'failure' point.
If you're still alive after all that, do a quick set of between 25-50 high reps at a very light weight.
Tachyon

12-02-2019, 07:16 PM

This afternoon's workout, in totals (done in various sets of 10, 15 or 20)...

Shoulder press -- 25 @ 15kg, so @12.5kg
Leg extension -- 25 @ 15kg, 20 @ 20kg
Leg curl -- 40 @ 20kg
(couldn't do any of the above a couple of weeks ago due to stiffness)

Stomach crunch 180 @ 40kg
Back extension 180 @ 45kg
Chest press -- 55 @ 32.5kg, 10 @ 35kg, 30 @ 40kg
Pec dec -- 80 @ 30kg
Pulldown -- 80 @ 40kg
Arm curl -- 60 @ 15kg
Tricep extension -- 150 @ 30kg

Very pleased with that, really all things considered.

Page 253 of 370 « First < 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 255 263 303 353 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top