Join for free
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Ohhhhh,SWEETIE!

Dearheart,you ARE the cream of this forum,yer majesty!
Indeed,I have seen with my own eyes,unicorns turning back,saying ''We can't compete with such beauty''.....sigh......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ohhhhh,SWEETIE!

Dearheart,you ARE the cream of this forum,yer majesty!
Indeed,I have seen with my own eyes,unicorns turning back,saying ''We can't compete with such beauty''.....sigh......

Don't be daft. X
What is your favourite Cream song?
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 04:52 PM

Favourite?
Hmm...I personally like 'Wrapping Paper',although it's not one of their well-known hits. I also like 'Crossroads'-and actually have often played it by request at gigs,as it's a favourite of the 'Hippie generation'. What actually made Crossroads so memorable,was that Clapton admitted to me he actually messed up during the live recording and was playing on the 1-3 beat,rather than the 2-4....as a result of which,to those who merely heard a new type of guitar riff,not realising it was actually out of sync,it became world famous in a small village close to that well-known city of culture,Much Bonking In The Woods.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

01-01-2019, 04:54 PM

oh.....she's gone.

SEE? THAT'S how boring I am!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 05:56 PM

Pug is Much-Bonking-in-the-Woods near to Much-binding-in-the-Marsh? God ya do have some quare names for places over there.

I had one over the eight last night, ah well it’s only once a year, I had one of those ‘walkie’ headaches today, you know the type, take a step and it sends a lightening bolt from the foot right up to the top of your skull, it’s a long time since I got one of them little devils, I think the culprit could have been a glass of vodka a Russian lad gave me over at ‘The Bells’ in the early hours of this morning, it was dynamite. Still it was a good night and well worth the mother of all hangovers, and I’m back to ’normal’ now.

How’s your head today Sweetie Pie-Eyed?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 06:01 PM

My head ???
Ah yes it is still there.
Glad you had a wonderful night Jem.

Where has Pugsy gone?
I was hoping for some music. X

Ah well I better peel my spuds.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 06:14 PM

Sweetie I hope you like surprises, coming your way this Summer.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

01-01-2019, 06:24 PM

My son in law took me for a pint here during the holidays, I’d never been in it before, nice friendly place with a good pint of Guinness served. Lucan is in County Dublin, about 7 miles from my home. I know you all know about Lord Lucan, just a little reminder that it seems certain that he was a murderer after all. Did you know they wanted him to play James Bond? I didn’t.

Richard John Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan (18 December 1934 – disappeared 8 November 1974), commonly known as Lord Lucan, was a British peer who disappeared after being suspected of murder. He was an Anglo-Irish aristocrat, the eldest son of George Bingham, 6th Earl of Lucan by his mother, Kaitlin Dawson. An evacuee during the Second World War, Lucan returned to attend Eton College, and then from 1953 to 1955 served with the Coldstream Guards in West Germany. He developed a taste for gambling and, skilled at backgammon and bridge, became an early member of the Clermont Club. Although his losses often exceeded his winnings, he left his job at a London-based merchant bank and became a professional gambler. He was known as Lord Bingham from April 1949 until January 1964, during his father's lifetime.
Once considered for the role of James Bond in the cinematic adaptations of Ian Fleming's novels, Lucan was known for his expensive tastes; he raced power boats and drove an Aston Martin. In 1963 he married Veronica Duncan, by whom he had three children. When the marriage collapsed late in 1972, he moved out of the family home at 46*Lower Belgrave Street, in London's Belgravia, to a property nearby. A bitter custody battle ensued, which Lucan lost. He began to spy on his wife and record their telephone conversations, apparently obsessed with regaining custody of the children. This fixation, combined with his gambling losses, had a dramatic effect on his life and personal finances.
On the evening of 7*November 1974, the children's nanny, Sandra Rivett, was bludgeoned to death in the basement of the Lucan family home. Lady Lucan was also attacked; she later identified Lucan as her assailant. As the police began their murder investigation, Lucan telephoned his mother, asking her to collect the children, and then drove a borrowed Ford Corsair to a friend's house in Uckfield, East Sussex. Hours later, he left the property and vanished without trace. The car was found abandoned in Newhaven, its interior stained with blood and its boot containing a piece of bandaged lead pipe similar to one found at the crime scene. A warrant for Lucan's arrest was issued a few days later, and in his absence the inquest into Rivett's death named him as her murderer, the last occasion in Britain a coroner's court did so. Wiki.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

01-01-2019, 07:44 PM

I actually met him,Jem.
It was the day I was chatting with Tony Benn,who was my next-door neighbour,so-to-speak. Perhaps 300 yards separated our homes,but circa 2 miles by road...anyway,a bloke came over,excused himself for interrupting,spoke with Tony for a few moments [I strolled away a short distance to give them privacy] then Tony called me over and introduced us to one-another. To be frank,he seemed a perfectly decent,well balanced,affable bloke. When the news sort of 'exploded' into our papers and onto the tv,I really could not believe the fellow I met was the same murdering,merciless,self-serving fiend they were describing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

01-01-2019, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Sweetie I hope you like surprises, coming your way this Summer.

Bless. xxxx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top