Join for free
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Tis like pulling teeth.

Theres a promotion on at the local Vauxhall garage I'm on line trying to find out what the deals are on the Astra, trying to get info is a nightmare,when can you come in they ask,I don't want to say's I,its my money and I want to know my options before even contemplating a visit to some sales patter.I'm not on foot and don't need a motor asap I tell them just humour me with some figures,I've a £10 grand deposit what is the deal? can you get them to give any figures can you hell as like,ah well c'est la vie.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:26 AM

Re: Tis like pulling teeth.

So I tried another track,£10 grand deposit on a £20 grand car leaves £10 grand at 5 yrs interest free would be £166 a month,still wouldn't budge I need to go in they say,no deal pedro, I think I've developed a phobia to car sales people.All I want is some figures just ball park ones not set in stone.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:48 AM

Try going into a garage and paying cash the full amount then. They assume you want to buy a car on HP, no doubt the get a commission rake of doing it that way.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 01:30 PM

Yes, they prefer to sell credit rather than the car.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Plus of course they are usually on commission so they want to be the one to sell you the car and not Joe Bloggs if you happen to go in at a time when the guy you spoke to on the phone is on his day off.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:43 PM

If your not in a hurry try going in at the end of the month as they have to meet their sales quota, they don’t like cash buyers nowadays so you could buy a car you fancy on Hp, then pay off the outstanding finance, then you won’t pay any interest, a bit naughty but not illegal, don’t fall for any add ons like paint protection, or gap insurance, you can get these things much cheaper elsewhere, and not pay the huge mark up that dealers charge..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 06:50 PM

I hope you haven't got a part exchange, this is the situation, you go in the Dealers, you tell them the specification you want, they go on the computer and say, that car is not due to built until blah blah blah, and will not be with the dealership until !!!!!! (usually three to four months). You say Ok, how much is it going to cost, they say, we can't be exact because the used market is unpredictable, and we don't know what your PX will be worth then, but, the Dealer wants some form of good faith deposit to process the order. half the time, they hope you don't want the hassle, and will agree to take one of their stock/cancelled order cars.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 08:06 AM

If you are buying new why not go through a broker such as orange wheels,car wow, drive the deal ect,
caricature
Devon,England.

09-09-2018, 10:48 AM

Well I went in,the model I would like was just shy of £24 k,after a bit of faffing around they would reduce it to £20 k,what they mean is they won't actually put the price up.
Any how walked away with out buying it,I've decided brand new is not for me,I'd be better off having a nearly new one where all the up front rubbish and tax is dealt with,they are about for circa £16 k.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Well I went in,the model I would like was just shy of £24 k,after a bit of faffing around they would reduce it to £20 k,what they mean is they won't actually put the price up.
Any how walked away with out buying it,I've decided brand new is not for me,I'd be better off having a nearly new one where all the up front rubbish and tax is dealt with,they are about for circa £16 k.
Sounds like a better plan all round.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top