Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:32 AM

Re: new battery

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Stop/start cars are rubbish. It's only natural that the battery is going to take a beating. Sometimes this save the planet nonsense just goes too far....

My Nissan Qashkai is eight years old and the battery is still in great condition.
Same here OGF. My car is 9 years old and still got the original battery. I can't remember when I had to change a battery in any of my cars. I have always run a small car so maybe the batteries fitted to the larger cars are not up to the job.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: new battery

Stop start was introduced as a way for manufacturers to reduce/meet their emissions targets, they don’t switch the engine off all the time it depends on a few criteria having to be met, incidentally, I have been running a new diesel works van that I got in September, having done 5000 miles in it I have already had to fill the adblue tank, an extra expense ( not to me) but if I have to add this every three months or so, the cost savings in fuel economy will dramatically reduce,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top