Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 03:32 PM

Re: Sir David Attenborough

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
The minor changes that we all make will not make much difference.
-(
Maybe/maybe not, Twink, but surely every little helps?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Maybe/maybe not, Twink, but surely every little helps?
I am sure it does, but as we have known about it since the 60's and done nothing, I suspect it may be too late!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure it does, but as we have known about it since the 60's and done nothing, I suspect it may be too late!
That's always the way isn't it. It always takes so long before governments do anything about the important issues. Yes our individual contributions will help but it needs to be recognised and acted upon across the whole world and that will never happen.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:45 PM

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Exactly
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You can't have this many people occupying this planet without making an impact. The only way you could make a difference is to reduce the population, and how would you go about doing that?

David is just stating the bleeding obvious.....

Who's going to make a start by giving up their warm house, car, TV, computer, holidays, jewelry, clothes, electricity, timber, medication etc......

What gives us the right to stop some guy in Brazil from chopping down the trees to make living, in the same way we dug millions of tons of coal from under Yorkshire, or slate from Wales, or Limestone from Dorset, or iron ore from Australia?......

Installing solar panels and growing your own veg down the allotment is not going to save the planet!
Top Post mate, I enjoy his programmes, then I think,.... how many people were involved in filming, producing and presenting that programme about the ‘the end...( insert species or planet here)...’ How Big is your carbon footprint David, and yes I am aware that you sit in the studio doing the voice over from the prepared script.
You can get too much of a bad thing..it’s over kill. On my own I can’t alter nothing, maybe Nations can. A small example..if my Asda produced large paper sacks instead of plastic to pack my shopping in then I would have to use them. I used to recycle my waste, my Council throws it all into the same truck when they collect.
I no longer sort it...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Top Post mate, I enjoy his programmes, then I think,.... how many people were involved in filming, producing and presenting that programme about the ‘the end...( insert species or planet here)...’ How Big is your carbon footprint David, and yes I am aware that you sit in the studio doing the voice over from the prepared script.
You can get too much of a bad thing..it’s over kill. On my own I can’t alter nothing, maybe Nations can. A small example..if my Asda produced large paper sacks instead of plastic to pack my shopping in then I would have to use them. I used to recycle my waste, my Council throws it all into the same truck when they collect.
I no longer sort it...
It just puts you off doesn't it. This recycling/saving the planet is a giant fib unfortunately.

Another example, albeit a silly one.

My local Sainsdreary's sells various types of rolls all at 30p each, sort of mix & match. So, if using the self service checkout, you could stick ten in a bag if you want and pay your £3. Now, in there wisdom, each type of roll has to be put in separately, so you could have one of each of ten rolls so that equals... = TEN bags.

That's in my town which constantly bangs on about being plastic free.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It just puts you off doesn't it. This recycling/saving the planet is a giant fib unfortunately.

Another example, albeit a silly one.

My local Sainsdreary's sells various types of rolls all at 30p each, sort of mix & match. So, if using the self service checkout, you could stick ten in a bag if you want and pay your £3. Now, in there wisdom, each type of roll has to be put in separately, so you could have one of each of ten rolls so that equals... = TEN bags.

That's in my town which constantly bangs on about being plastic free.
I shall write to David and let him know mate, he might even make a programme about it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

04-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I shall write to David and let him know mate, he might even make a programme about it.
He seems to be on a roll at the moment.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:22 PM

Thanks Rehab, I think we are being duped big style about global warming, I'm not saying it's not happening, but it is inevitable with or without our help, the world just does that sort of stuff like it has since time began....

I do however agree with David about the plastic and the loss of some species of animals. We are such a greedy people and our footprint on the world is far greater that the carbon one that they keep banginging on about.
We are like a plague of locust stripping the world of all it's life.....Nature will survive and recover, but we won't, at least not as we are now....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top