Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 04:22 PM

Re: Amazon Echo Dot

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Amazon firestick comes with this technology, we had a laugh when we realised it had recorded everything my family said while I was at work so it's a great bit of tech for spying on people. We found you can turn that feature off so alls good now but just for a moment we wondered what sort of monster we had brought into the home. I am just guessing but I would imagine the actual alexa doesn't do that
Alexa needs a `Wake` word before it/she responds, that wake word being Alexa of course but that can be changed using the Alexa App.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Alexa needs a `Wake` word before it/she responds, that wake word being Alexa of course but that can be changed using the Alexa App.
That's a bit safer we didn't set anything just plugged it in the back of the tv and off it went recording anything it could hear.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's a bit safer we didn't set anything just plugged it in the back of the tv and off it went recording anything it could hear.
Hope you weren't doing anything naughty.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Hope you weren't doing anything naughty.
Moi no was the family while I was at work, I came home and they couldn't work out why I knew all they had said. Went on a few days before they worked it out, they were getting quite paranoid
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

26-12-2018, 10:25 PM

You should have left it alone to see if they were plotting against you.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 10:48 AM

I bought a Fire Stick as the internet part of my Sony TV is woeful. I don't use it much though. Mainly I just watch freeview through my pvr box
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
!

So where is Alexa accessing this track from?
More importantly - what information is it feeding back - and to whom?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Alexa has arrived!!

I asked her to play some music and she played from "my Amazon"..........a track which I have been playing a lot recently, is in my music library, included in at least two playlists in My Documents and is on Windows Media Player. So where is Alexa accessing this track from?
If it's a track on a CD you bought from Amazon it is available to stream via your Echo Dot.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
If it's a track on a CD you bought from Amazon it is available to stream via your Echo Dot.
Thanks. Someone else also told me that. I haven't had time to experiment yet but l'm hoping l can ask for any track on the CD and to increase the volume.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2019, 01:27 PM

If my spot could play my entire google play music collection I'd be happy. It can't, though so I am stuck with it as an internet radio. I love it at night, though, the way the clock hands dim it just looks so cool.

To me, Google hasn't released anything I'd like and, although it would play all my music I'd be stuck with something ugly.

Still, I've always got my phones or iPad for my google music.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top