Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:40 PM

Re: Cleaning Up

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
In tonight’s episode (2) did anyone else feel sick when she was playing on the slot machines?
It was hard to watch.
Yes. She had that money in her hand but decided to gamble it and lose. Can't understand why someone would do that tbh but then I am not addicted. Must be horrible to be addicted to gambling.

Over all the programme is getting sillier and sillier but I'm still enjoying it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes. She had that money in her hand but decided to gamble it and lose. Can't understand why someone would do that tbh but then I am not addicted. Must be horrible to be addicted to gambling.

Over all the programme is getting sillier and sillier but I'm still enjoying it.
Sorry, Longy that l added a bit to my post whilst you were posting.
I know it’s only a television programme but imagine being like that in real life?
Mrs Foxtrot
Southern England
Mrs Foxtrot is female  Mrs Foxtrot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:32 AM

I am beginning to think I won't bother with it again. Tonight was full of rubbish. She couldn't produce an excel table but managed to get into secure information on a PC and get the info onto a memory stick and print it. She also seems to work during the day while the bankers are at their desks and also at night when only the shifty banker is at work. Her W reg car apparently only had 8,000 miles on it. There's more holes in this programme than in my colander.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs Foxtrot ->
I am beginning to think I won't bother with it again. Tonight was full of rubbish. She couldn't produce an excel table but managed to get into secure information on a PC and get the info onto a memory stick and print it. She also seems to work during the day while the bankers are at their desks and also at night when only the shifty banker is at work. Her W reg car apparently only had 8,000 miles on it. There's more holes in this programme than in my colander.
Yes, that was really silly. I must look up who wrote this so I can avoid any of their future books.

I doubt even someone who is computer savvy would be able to just use their system, I doubt they use Windows10.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 11:40 AM

It's purely a propoganda vehicle now to show the horrors of gambling addiction.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:18 PM

I only started watching it because it starred Sheridan Smith.
Up until now I have enjoyed everything she's been in. Unfortunately this just doesn't grab me - I won't be watching anymore.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 12:35 PM

I've watched both episodes now and wondered what Julie would be shouting at the screen....

Yes Mrs Foxtrot hit the nail on the head when she mentioned she had just eight thousand miles on the clock of a W reg vehicle... I suspect some illegal scullduggery going on there....

I wonder though, my daughter is quite conversant with a computer having worked as a travel advisor, she has spoken and e-mailed clients all over the world, and now surprises me with her knowledge of the internet, but is completely clueless when it comes to using Excel. Even writing a letter or CV on Word requires the help of her Dad to set up a page and font.

I will keep watching though because the ending might surprise us.
Sometimes the journey just supplies a means to the destination....

Eh! bet you didn't know Foxy was was a bad spelling filosopher...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-01-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've watched both episodes now and wondered what Julie would be shouting at the screen....

Yes Mrs Foxtrot hit the nail on the head when she mentioned she had just eight thousand miles on the clock of a W reg vehicle... I suspect some illegal scullduggery going on there....

I wonder though, my daughter is quite conversant with a computer having worked as a travel advisor, she has spoken and e-mailed clients all over the world, and now surprises me with her knowledge of the internet, but is completely clueless when it comes to using Excel. Even writing a letter or CV on Word requires the help of her Dad to set up a page and font.

I will keep watching though because the ending might surprise us.
Sometimes the journey just supplies a means to the destination....

Eh! bet you didn't know Foxy was was a bad spelling filosopher...
Korse we did.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-01-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
It's purely a propoganda vehicle now to show the horrors of gambling addiction.
I think you are correct.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 01:34 PM

I thought this programme about insider dealing would be a good drama, but there are too many side stories in it and I am getting bored now.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top