Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 09:52 AM

I had a Pringle splinter in my eye!

On Wednesday I was watching TV and decided to have a couple of Pringles that hadn't been eaten over Christmas.
I bit one, as they are too big to put a whole one in my mouth, and was suddenly aware that I had something in my eye.

I tried to wash it out with artificial tears, but it was going nowhere so I rolled a clean tissue into a point and gently ran it along the inside of my bottom lid.
It was painful to do so ( a bit like running a needle along the inside of my eyelid) but it came out....and it was a splinter of the Pringle, which mist have flicked into my eye when I bit it!

It seemed OK till Thursday evening, when my eye became very sore, so I went to see my doctor on Friday morning. She checked my eyesight and looked in my eyes & it seems that the bit of Pringle has scratched my eye.... so I am now having eye drops every 2 hours. She hopes it will be feeling better by next weekend but has instructed me to go to A&E if it becomes more painful!

At the moment the drops are soothing the pain & getting rid of the infection.........but I am not sure I will ever want to eat another Pringle.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:28 AM

Re: I had a Pringle splinter in my eye!

Ouch that sounds painful twink. It might take a little longer to get completely better, when I scratched my eye with a bit of glass debris it took nearly a month to feel right. The eye drops were great though and really soothed.

Hope you feel better really quickly and be careful with those crispy snacks (other brands available ).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Oooh Sorry Twink, that sounds painful. What a silly thing to happen, I hope it heals up quickly for you.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:31 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this, Twink It's one of those 'freak' episodes.
With an eye injury it's always best to get it checked out as soon as possible but you did the right thing and took a look, however painful it was, yourself.
As you know, the smallest foreign body in our eye (an eyelash, piece of grit etc) in an eye in extremely painful and very difficult to get out as the eye is so sensitive to touch. But it should heal itself after a while. With it being a crisp, it may be that there was a little bit of salt on the chip as well which may have made it even more painful.
Hope it clears up itself soon but if not, definitely go to A&E to get them to check it out. They usually put some orange dye in the eye to see where the offending particle is but in your case it may have been scratched as you say, so it will hopefully heal itself. You may be left with a slight mark on the eyeball though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 10:35 AM

My goodness Twink what are the chances of that happening to anyone I wonder, one in millions ?...

It must be very sore, I guess it will take a few days to heal .

Next time you eat any crisp foods you could try wearing goggles to be on the safe side
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:14 AM

Sorry to hear that Twink, Pringles are bad for you anyway......
If you must eat them, do like I do and put them between two slices of bread....
Eyes heal up very quickly Twink, but if you are getting a bit of discomfort, wear a patch to rest the eye....
And you can change your Avatar to 'Captain'......Arrrrrrr
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sorry to hear that Twink, Pringles are bad for you anyway......
But if you must eat them, do like I do and put them between two slices of bread....
Eyes heal up very quickly Twink, but if you are getting a bit of discomfort, wear a patch to rest the eye....
And you can change your Avatar to 'Captain'....
I was waiting for someone else to start the jokes Foxy. Well done.

As other have said, best to pop down to A&E if it doesn't heal in the next couple of days but take care because once you pop, you can't stop.

You know we love you really Twinkles.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 11:56 AM

Ouch!

I would take that as a sign that I shouldn't be eating them....however I never take much notice of "signs"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Ouch Twink, who would think a simple potato crisp could cause so much pain

Keep up with the drops and I hope the soreness eases soon.

Drop Pringles a line and tell them they should add safety warnings to their packaging!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was waiting for someone else to start the jokes Foxy. Well done.

As other have said, best to pop down to A&E if it doesn't heal in the next couple of days but take care because once you pop, you can't stop.

You know we love you really Twinkles.
It is nice to know that Dongle, because it saves me having to tour round the country to sort you all out.

My doctor said that, if it isn't much improved in a week, I should go to the hospital but, so far, the redness and the swelling are reduced so it looks like the drops are dealing with the infection.

My cats are protesting though, because when I sit in the lounge at least one of them wants to sit on my lap....but I have to go to the fridge every 2 hours for my drops & they hate being pushed off!

For all those who said it must have been painful, I can assure you it was! Thanks for the idea of putting them between slices of bread or wearing goggles, if I decide to eat them again.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top