Join for free
Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Re: Leavers and Remainers, A Call For Unity?

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Not quite, I voted remain because I thought the sharing of some of our sovereignty with others as they do with us to be an acceptable concession for the benehits we derive from Europe and have no issues with freedom of movement or the £14.5 billion we pay to the EU which pales into insignificance against the £38 billion taxpayers pay annually into the public sector pension pot gravy train
What changed was the realisation that Brexit is empowering the worst in our society and there seems to be a lot of support for it
There was abuse of MPs that people on this forum openly applauded
There have Been comments on this forum that immigrants should be left to drown in the channel
There have been veiled threats on this forum of civil unrest or war

What changed was that I decided that where I saw the same attitudes and uninformed comments as those expressed to my wife I would challenge them

The abuse wasn’t just from young you’d who had. Just attended a Ukip meeting but pensioners as well
Lots of fancy Remainer rhetoric there Banchory. Understand that we (Leavers) are not the least bit fooled by any of it. It's being farted out on all forums all over the internet on a collossal scale as the establishment and EU does everything it can to reverse a democratic decision.

Talk of civil unrest is inevitable when a country is either invaded either directly or by stealth. It is the latter in our case. You and your EU chums would have us sit back and do nothing whilst the Common Purpose operatives continue to destroy the sovereignty of this country step by slow step by stealth and skulduggery. The villains have achieved much in the past 40 years in this way. It is possibly too late for anything to be done now.

If our government held a General Election but refused to abide by the resulting vote, the nation would rightly descend into civil unrest. They will not tolerate a totalitarian dictatorship here. If that's your vision for the UK then seek a home elsewhere imo or be prepared for the civil outfall.

The referendum, advisory or not, comes with the same factors. If you choose to ignore the result, civil unrest will follow as night follows day.

If you didn't want the answer, you should not have asked the question.

All that matters now is that we Leave. Those actively and wilfully attempting to prevent our Leaving should be opposed with whatever means necessary and should be subject to the full force of the law.

Either we have a democracy in the UK or we don't.

If we don't have a democracy, then mob rule is as good as any other system.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Speaking of Russians, if they can "influence" the election of the most powerful man in the World, could they not have done the same in our referendum?
Look at the chaos that's happening.
Divide and conquer?
If the vote had gone the other way I don't think we'd be fighting like this and the Government would not be in tatters and distracted from goodness knows what.
Tessa nobody here wants to believe they can be so easily manipulated. The fact that it has happened time and again in history that a population is promised all their wishes will be granted only to find that it's all a con doesn't matter. Of course it's going on. I read pro brexit comments on here all the time that are not opinions but parroting of propaganda.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I read pro brexit comments on here all the time that are not opinions but parroting of propaganda.
And yet the VAST majority of propaganda pasting both here and all across the internet is predominently by Remainers.

Even the BBC, on an HOURLY basis is trotting out the propaganda and mandated sound bites from the EU.

Every time I listen to Radio 4 I cringe at the blatant bias and the endless stream of ravid Remainers they pull into their shows to keep trotting out the propaganda and mantras.

They have clearly been instructed to never use the term "No Deal" unless it is accompanied with the words "Crashing Out" and "Going over the cliff edge" and so on. The endless repitition of this is sickening and totally abusive of their media power.

That sadly is the world we live in. A country owned by the "establishment" who control the media and can therefore brainwash the masses at will.

The EU is getting desperate. It can see the deadline approaching and utterly fears that we may leave without a deal.

It's not any deal that worries them. It is the simple fact that we COULD actually Leave at all. It is the fact that come March, all bets could be off and we just cease to be a member of the EU.

That's why we now have this utter farcical pantomine from Looney Labour saying "we won't engage in talks until 'No Deal' is taken off the table"

It's why all the pundits on BBC TV and radio are now all using air time to say "No Deal must be ruled out"

The whole thing is utterly pathetic and millions of people in this country can see it. They can see clearly the people who are hell bent on scuppering BrExit, who are working for the EU and not working for this country and its people.

We can see how utterly deep this establishment seam runs through our society and how sick our country actually is.

BrExit is just a TINY step towards rectifying all the wrongs that have been perpetrated. We have to restore the British Constitution, remove the infestation of EU operatives from our government and political parties and restore our judicial system and much more besides.

NO DEAL all the way now.

It won't be a catastrophy at all. That's just brainwashing BS.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:37 PM

Realist I'm afraid you just come across as another mouthpiece for the anarchists driving this nonsense. I am as i have always said hoping that common sense will prevail and that we will reach an agreement that is acceptable to both sides and not detrimental to the UK. Anarchists should go back to their alchemist cookbooks and hang up their balaclavas in shame at being so easily manipulated by those who wish us harm. This is playing right into their hands.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 12:45 PM

I am as i have always said hoping that common sense will prevail and that we will reach an agreement that is acceptable to both sides and not detrimental to the UK.
Google Translate:
"I want to fudge a deal that means we actaully don't leave the EU at all and hope to do it on the false rhetoric of saving jobs and livelihoods"

Anarchists should go back to their alchemist cookbooks and hang up their balaclavas in shame at being so easily manipulated by those who wish us harm. This is playing right into their hands.
I love that you try to now label those who support and treasure our democracy as "anarchists".

What a hoot !

Is this the lastest revision to your EU media campaign booklet?!!!

The country NEVER EVER wanted to be part of a totalitarian EU collective. It was given no choice.

It was mislead by fraudulent politicians who presented the situation as a simple trade deal, the Common Market.
Then by stealth your beloved Common Purpose regime moved us step by step into the clutches of the EU, something totally different.

You should have given the people a referendum on that and been honest about what was truly happening. Now the people know what happened, how it happened, and where we are being taken. The majority want no part of the Federal States Of The EU.

You are clearly an integral part of that collective.

Shame on you for not standing up for the sovereignty of this country and its people and the long standing constitutional elements which we have had for 100s of years and which millions of people fought and died to preserve.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2019, 12:48 PM

Anarchists ? I see many people both sides as loving their country just not agreeing on the way to go forward. Obviously there are some who wish us harm and I think a few on this forum come under that umbrella but predominantly we all want the same thing just differ in how we think we can make it happen.

The only risk of unrest comes not from brexit it's self but from refusal of our politicians to act on their promises and their complete disregard for democracy. If that didn't worry people enough to threaten protest I would be more worried. Its a very dangerous thing to threaten a persons vote means nothing to the people we vote in.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
predominantly we all want the same thing just differ in how we think we can make it happen.
No this is incorrect. We DO NOT all want the same thing.

The Leavers want to leave. They don't actually care how we leave just so long as we DO actually Leave. However what they have witnessed is a government, being controlled by the EU to table deals that DO NOT see us actually Leave accompanied by a colossal social media campaign by Remainers and EU stooges alike desperately trying to change the views of the nation in preparation for an orchestrated 2nd referendum.

The Remainers want to Remain any way they can. They use false rhetoric to suggest they are happy to Leave with the right deal but all they really mean is a deal that doesn't actually see us Leave at all.

Peopel DO NOT want the same thing at all. The Leavers want to actually, really, properly Leave. The Remainers just want to stay any way they can.

Democracy is now at stake. BrExit is a piddly sideshow now to this larger reality. Once the democratic decision is overturned by the EU and our controlled establishment all bets are off. It wil be a dangerous country to be in for some time after. I would hope that we avoid that situation by respecting democracy and giving the people what they voted for. If not, I struggle to see how an undemocratic response could be seen as anything other than equivalent to war. It would be an invasion by any other name. The usurping of our rights and freedoms, the abolishment of our country and its sovereignty and traditions, the abolishment of our nationality in any meaningfulk sense and the complete "neutering" of the UK people who will be forced to become "nothing people", just one more European.

We must preserve the freedoms we have, preserve the democratic process and restore the constitution.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-01-2019, 01:08 PM

Anyone pushing no deal is in my opinion pro anarchy. This course of action is not the way the developed world works. Those on the forum supporting this have made it clear that they want to upset the applecart. That to me means chaos and anarchy. Please don't pretend it will bring order. A new order perhaps. Not one that the majority want or expect.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-01-2019, 01:11 PM

Oh and the argument about democracy is a load of brexit. How long will pro leave keep waving that tattered flag as an excuse for chaos?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

21-01-2019, 01:15 PM

Anyone pushing no deal is in my opinion pro anarchy.
Utter drivel !

Those pushing No Deal are anti Totalitarian Dictatorship, nothing more.

Chaos is bound to ensue any time that honest democratic people attempt to wrest control of their country back from such dictators. To think otherwise is puerile. Labelling them as anarchists is frankly pathetic. Again shame on you !

Those trying their level best to Remain and peddling this endless rhetoric on social media are simply part of that whole dictatorship structure or otherwise manipulated people who lack the experience to see what is really going on.

Anyway isn't it time you came clean about your place in this pyramidic structure Annie? Which society do you belong to? Eastern Star?

Page 11 of 16 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top