Join for free
Page 11 of 38 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:49 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I've just watched the video from the car driving past the scene and the sun does seem to be peeking through the trees .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46918039
Good work Omah.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Good work Omah.
That's why I wait for (accident) investigations to be completed - ALL the pieces of information have to be collected before the full picture can be seen ..... we still don't know much about the other driver ..... speeding to collect schoolchildren/distracted by the baby/on the mobile phone ..... at 15:50 on weekdays that's an all-too-common sighting on UK roads .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
All "reports" will have to be investigated by the police but if he was dazzled, while facing East, it may have been a reflection off a vehicle waiting in the opposing junction .....

They were at the scene again on the news at tea time, and they showed the exact junction, the position of the cars involved and made a point of showing exactly where the sun would have been.

The day before, it had been grey and drizzly, but on the day of the accident at around 3 p.m. the sun was actually very bright and low in the sky.

They said it takes young eyes 2 seconds to recover from the blinding sun, but after 65 it takes over 9 seconds, so Gawd knows what it would take at the Duke's age.

I myself have to have either my anti-glare lenses on, or better still, my prescription sunglasses for this reason.

On an older bit of film, it showed the Duke driving with no glasses whatsoever, so maybe he didn't have his specs on?

Apparently he has also now been in touch with the two ladies in the other vehicle. One broke her wrist.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:39 PM

Apparently he has also now been in touch with the two ladies in the other vehicle. One broke her wrist.
I was only saying to a friend today, if he had the least bit of feeling, whether or not he felt he was to blame, given his position, it would be good if he were to get in touch...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I was only saying to a friend today, if he had the least bit of feeling, whether or not he felt he was to blame, given his position, it would be good if he were to get in touch...

Depending on what he said . . .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh dear, I never thought of it that way!!!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Yes, he's renowned for speaking his mind!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:13 PM

Quite possible they may be too..
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I thought it was a Freeloader.
I think you'll find, that He was the Freeloader!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Yes, the same thought crossed my mind too ruthio. I hope he has, or at least somebody speaking for him expressing their worry for their well being.

I've also thought the barrister(?) chap who helped at the scene seems to be enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. Probably touting for business. (Did I just say that? )

There seems to be so much happening in the royal circle these days, they never seem to be out of the papers.

Page 11 of 38 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top