Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:43 PM

Re: Drinking fluids.

I drink a lot of water and herbal tea but I work out a lot so need it.
Like Nicol I also pee a lot. Too much and too often according to my husband
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm glad it includes tea and coffee because I would struggle to drink 2lts of water every day unless it was summer and I was working hard.
I would struggle too with just plain water. I love sugar free vimto and decaffeinated coffee, hate tea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I would struggle too with just plain water. I love sugar free vimto and decaffeinated coffee, hate tea.
I don't mind sparkling water such as San Pellegrino, but I would still struggle to drink 2 lts of it.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:03 PM

Well thank you for your reply’s people. I have been measuring how much ‘fluid’ I have drunk today. So far it has been 1.5 litre, and that has been water and tea, and it’s only 04.00pm. So it would seem that it is easy to drink the daily required amount of fluid. I am not to keen on water though, as fish pee and poo in it. 🥺
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Well thank you for your reply’s people. I have been measuring how much ‘fluid’ I have drunk today. So far it has been 1.5 litre, and that has been water and tea, and it’s only 04.00pm. So it would seem that it is easy to drink the daily required amount of fluid. I am not to keen on water though, as fish pee and poo in it. 🥺
Get it out of the tap Emjay, not the pond.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:25 PM

I drink plenty of orange squash, but that has an ingredient called Sodium Metabisulphite which can cause congestion problems, so I only put a little orange squash in my drink which makes a refreshing 'fruity water' drink.
Otherwise it's tea and coffee and the occasional energy drink - although they do contain rather a lot of sugar. But do watch out because although many drinks quench the thrist, they can also dehydrate you, as in alcoholic drinks such as beer and wine.
I take a full pint of water to bed with me (situated on the floor of course - the water, not myself) and drink another when I wake up.
Water keeps the body's organs hydrated and is essential, so 3-4 pints daily is recommended - although that will depend on your size. No doubt there will be some Wikipedia posts appearing soon in here with full information.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by longdogs ->
get it out of the tap emjay, not the pond.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I drink lots of tea but also lots of water.

Tea and coffee both make me thirsty and coffee gives me indigestion so I avoid that.

I drink around 12 mugs of tea a day and drink at least a litre of water as well. Only 2 teas are caffeinated though, the others are decaff.

Edited to add....I also pee a lot
Yes, I drink a lot of decaff tea and herbal tea, but I do also drink plain water, especially at night.

And yes, that means I go to the loo a lot, which can be a pain.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 06:29 PM

Sodium Metabisulphite.
Isn’t that the stuff that they used in photographic fixer (Hypo) for film?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Sodium Metabisulphite.
Isn’t that the stuff that they used in photographic fixer (Hypo) for film?
It wouldn't surprise me, Emjay.
It's used widely as a food preservative and always has its addition in bold type on the ingredients list.
I looked it up and whilst it unnafects most people, to others it can cause horrendous breathing symptoms, in rare instances leading to death!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top