Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:48 PM

The end of the tories

Tory chiefs 'warn Corbyn would end up PM' if May calls snap election
https://mol.im/a/6622823

I would imagine if another election was held today corbin would win , not because anyone would actually vote for him but because the hash conservatives have made of the referendum brexit I doubt any would even bother showing support for them ... they have been so useless they genuinely deserve to ‘lose’ ... but that doesn’t mean labour deserve to win however remoaners would indeed rally around him like the only turd in the field and flies need food ...
But possibly UKIP as in another new farage UKIP not the hijacked racist BNP UKIP would emerge for the election?

Whatever , whichever, whenever ....politicians will after all this forever be seen as self centred arrogant undemocratic selfservers and I doubt 52% of the population will ever vote again ... I certainly won’t , indeed il laugh every time labour wins and think of it as retribution for destroying my brexit

Let’s call it payback eh Theresa !!!!

Some Cabinet ministers are understood to be braced for an election 'sooner rather than later' as the political crisis over Brexit gathers pace.
But internal Conservative polling is said to suggest that the party could lose its grip on power if there was a poll now - with Labour instead best placed to head up a 'rainbow coalition' with the SNP and Lib Dems.
Senior figures have also voiced alarm that the Tories are totally unprepared for a contest, with no up-to-date voting register, activists badly demoralised, and a backlash from middle-class Remainers putting heartlands at risk, according to the Sun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Re: The end of the tories

If there was a general election tomorrow, I really don't think I could bring myself to vote for anyone, unless Nigel was in place with his new party. Obviously, no one in their right mind would want Loonybyn to get in but I just could not bring myself to vote for May either.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
If there was a general election tomorrow, I really don't think I could bring myself to vote for anyone, unless Nigel was in place with his new party. Obviously, no one in their right mind would want Loonybyn to get in but I just could not bring myself to vote for May either.
My thoughts exactly
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:30 PM

Just about sums up my opinion too
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I would imagine if another election was held today corbin would win , not because anyone would actually vote for him but because the hash conservatives have made of the referendum brexit I doubt any would even bother showing support for them .
Nice attempt at an anti-Tory thread Marmaduke but unfortunately you imagine completely wrong.

The Looney Labour party lost spectacularly at the last election and primarily because the numpties worshiped the Commie/Marxist Jezbollah Corbyn, sympathiser of the IRA, a man who calls Hamas and Hezbollah friends and a man willing to promise anything to anyone to get votes no matter how ridiculous or unachievable.

He lost Labour the last election and since he is still here, still playing his Hokey Cokey game, he will ensure you lose any subsequent election.

Note that Looney Labour trail the Tories by a very significant 6 points in the polls DESPITE all the BrExit fiasco.

On Question Time last week Fiona Bruce had to inform the hapless fool Diane Abbott that Labour were very much behind as she was clearly clueless.

Here's the result of the last election:

Pretty clear which way the nation was swayed to. BrExit wont change this. The populous know full well that whichever government was in power, the same shenanigans would ensue as the EU really call the shots.

Whatever happens with BrExit, the prospect of a Marxist Britain with Commie Corbyn at the helm is simply unpalatable to any true Brit.

It's never going to happen.

Looney Labour supporters have already wasted years. They SHOULD have ousted Jezbollah BEFORE the last election as he was clearly a liability then. Had they done so they might have won.

Corbyn's reprehensible past can not be shaken off. Everyone knows who he is and what he really stands for. That's why you would lose any election. You can't keep trying to sweep it under the carpet.

The Loonies have but one choice if they ever want to get back in power and that is to chuck the Marxist out of the party along with the hapless Diane Abbott and other undesirables who make up this "rogues gallery" of muppets.

Once you do that you have a reasonable chance of getting in.

All this said the Loonies aren't called Loonies for nothing. I predict they will just sit there chanting "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" for a few more years and will thereby lose the next election with an even bigger defeat than the last.

Clock is ticking. Get him ousted. Tick tock!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:55 PM

If there were an election tomorrow, the tories would be wiped out as in 1997.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 03:56 PM

The whole of parliament is in disarray over Brexit, and it seems to me that there is only Teresa May and a few loyal ministers that are actually trying to make it work, but let's take a look at Labour.

Their policy is to remain in the single market and customs union, which entails still accepting all of the four freedoms, being ruled by the ECJ and still paying into the EU coffers, so what type of Brexit does that add up to I wonder?

At least we stand a chance of some sort of Brexit with Mrs May in charge, we would have zero chance under Labour...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:00 PM

I don't think Labour would win because people actually like them, more so anything is better than what we presently have.

I would have no-one to vote for.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:35 PM

Yes spot on LD,

Nigel Farrage must be opted into any negotiations with the EU scum, NF has no fear of the scum and he knows how to handle them unlike May.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Yes spot on LD,

Nigel Farrage must be opted into any negotiations with the EU scum, NF has no fear of the scum and he knows how to handle them unlike May.
Farage can run rings around anyone imo. I just wish he had continued as leader. I don't suppose we will ever get to know the real reason he stood down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top