Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Re: The end of the tories

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Farage can run rings around anyone imo. I just wish he had continued as leader. I don't suppose we will ever get to know the real reason he stood down.
Back in the days before the referendum when the world made sense and politicians were lying bastards but only for their own expenses Nigel set up UKIP and this was always meant to be ‘a vehicle’ to leave the EU ... he never wanted nor would become a serious political party , he was there simply to demand a referendum and he got it ( round of applause ) ... that’s it folks the shows over as far as he was concerned the day after the result .
But as we have seen since , the only certainty to have arrived since that day is that politicians really can’t be trusted , oh we all knew and accepted they were pond life but know one ever believes they would sink to the new depths they have , going against their promise , going against the law , going against constuencies and as we are now seeing ... going against brexit ..

I’ve no doubt whatsoever Nigel will rise again as this country now come what may with brexit will never ever trust a politician again , their own actions have proved themselves as incompetent ( two years to get to this !!!!) and whilst they sit smug today in Westminster they forget the people will never ever forget their actions and will judge them for ever whatever the outcome now , brexit is secondary importance in reality they just havnt realised it yet as they are too busy with their noses in the trough but shortly they will feel OUR thoughts , history books will be written with THEIR NAMES forever alongside their actions and I imagine the press will have a turkey shoot at every election for decades
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:27 PM

I am trying to be positive in hoping that TM might just be trying to show that she has done everything she can to get us out of the EU with a good deal.
However, her 'good deal' isn't very good at all.

Perhaps, then, as we approach Brexit day, she might finally change tack and push for a no-deal Brexit.
I suppose I'm expecting a lot, but you never know.

Anyway, my intentions are that if she does obtain a Brexit that 17.4 million of us voted for I'll, once again, vote Conservative.
If she doesn't, I shall either vote for Farage's new party or, if that doesn't appear, I shall not vote at all.

At the moment, I see TM as being the complete opposite of MT!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I am trying to be positive in hoping that TM might just be trying to show that she has done everything she can to get us out of the EU with a good deal.
However, her 'good deal' isn't very good at all.

Perhaps, then, as we approach Brexit day, she might finally change tack and push for a no-deal Brexit.
I suppose I'm expecting a lot, but you never know.

Anyway, my intentions are that if she does obtain a Brexit that 17.4 million of us voted for I'll, once again, vote Conservative.
If she doesn't, I shall either vote for Farage's new party or, if that doesn't appear, I shall not vote at all.

At the moment, I see TM as being the complete opposite of MT!
Whatever happened to NO DEAL IS BETTER THAN A BAD DEAL ??

The likely next step is either brexit cancelled or delayed ... now quite what the point in a delay is ???? They’ve had 2 years to get to this ... her deal flys about as well as a turkey so to delay it would change what exactly ?
Meanwhile they are trying to pass amendments to cancel brexit
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 07:49 PM

Yep. The EU has no intention of letting us leave.

Our government does not run this country. The truth should be plain to see.

We are run by a much bigger collective who work in the background. Government is just a public front to it, little more than a punch and judy show.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top