Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:33 PM

Alex Salmond

How the mighty have fallen, from the BBC

Former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond has been arrested by police.
Police Scotland confirmed that a 64-year-old man had been charged and said a report would be sent to prosecutors.
It is not yet known what Mr Salmond has been charged with. Police had been investigating following a Scottish government inquiry into complaints of sexual harassment, which he denies.
No longer an MP he is now a talk show host on Russian TV, I wasn’t his greatest fan, he came across as very pompous, I am wondering who has put him in the frame?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Re: Alex Salmond

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
How the mighty have fallen, from the BBC

No longer an MP he now fronts a chat show on Russian TV, I wasn’t his greatest fan, he came across as very pompous, I am wondering who has put him in the frame?
Well old fish face isn't helping. I think she has him convicted already.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well old fish face isn't helping. I think she has him convicted already.
Just had a horrible thought..it can’t be Nicola surely?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:42 PM

Just had a horrible thought..it can’t be Nicola surely?
OOooooh No! That is horrible and wearing that ginger crash helmet too.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 02:55 PM

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/s...sted-phqb8j905

The detail of the charge against Mr Salmond will not be made public until after his appearance at Edinburgh Sheriff Court this afternoon.*

It follows a four-month government investigation into allegations of sexual harassment by two women dating back to 2013 when he was first minister.

Mr Salmond, 64, has always denied all allegations made by the women. He was arrested last night but is not in custody.
All will become clear, perhaps .....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2019, 02:59 PM

He is a very naughty boy, not the Messiah after all.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Careful people this is Sub Judice
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Careful people this is Sub Judice
Good point .....

https://www.out-law.com/page-9742

Matters are considered to be sub judice (Latin for 'under judgment') once legal proceedings become active.

Criminal proceedings are deemed active once a person is arrested, a warrant for arrest has been issued, a summons has been issued or a person has been charged and remain active until conviction. Civil proceedings become active, in England, when the hearing date for the trial is arranged and, in Scotland, when the parties' pleadings have been finalised and the record is closed.

Publication of material which is sub judice comprises contempt of court, a crime which is punishable by a fine of unlimited amount and/or imprisonment for up to two years. Third party costs orders may also be awarded against the media organisation, enabling the courts to recover the costs of any trial aborted as a result of the prejudicial reporting.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

24-01-2019, 04:08 PM

Does that mean I could be arrested for saying he is not the Messiah?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Does that mean I could be arrested for saying he is not the Messiah?
Yes, and me for calling her fish face.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top