Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 08:12 AM

Tens

Has anyone heard of this machine?
The tens machine is apparently good for pain, I would appreciate your views.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 08:16 AM

Re: Tens

I've heard of them issi in fact I thought of buying one for my hubby who is in constant pain so I would be interested if anyone has used them too...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:17 AM

I used one years ago when I suffered a lower back injury. It did improve my flexibility following my injury and eased the pain slightly, but I would first recommend the problem area being checked over by your GP first. A massage by a sports physio would then be a more professional, effective and safer option
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:25 AM

Hi

I had one years ago, supplied by the NHS following a severe leg injury.

It was brilliant.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Hi Issi

Yes I used one years ago (because of a knee injury) and it definitely helped. Not just with the pain but also in stimulating my leg muscles. Mine was done at the hospital as part of my physio treatment but obviously you can buy them easily now,

Just been looking at some reviews on Amazon and they are mostly good.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 01:01 PM

Brilliant issi, did my back a power of good, and it's better than filling yourself up with painkillers.

I had a word with my GP at the time and he said that if it takes the pain away without having to rely on medication and with no side effects he would strongly recommend it....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 01:24 PM

Hello Issi, sorry to hear you are in pain.
Have you asked your GP or consulant about these machines?

I believe they can arrange for them to be hired out or lent to you, so it'#s worth exploring this.

Better to be able to try one out and see how you get on with it first, rather than buy one and it doesn't help you enough.

They do seems to have good reviews and those members here who have tried them seem pleased too, and I agree with Foxy, that anything that helps to reduce pain medication must be a bonus.

Good luck.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
hello issi, sorry to hear you are in pain.
Have you asked your gp or consulant about these machines?

I believe they can arrange for them to be hired out or lent to you, so it'#s worth exploring this.

Better to be able to try one out and see how you get on with it first, rather than buy one and it doesn't help you enough.

They do seems to have good reviews and those members here who have tried them seem pleased too, and i agree with foxy, that anything that helps to reduce pain medication must be a bonus.

Good luck.

issi
scotland
issi is female  issi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:17 PM

Thank you everyone, Mups that's a good idea thank you.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 11:35 PM

Yes I have used one for muscle spasm pain and it worked incredibly well. In my opinion it’s a wholistic option to pain and much better than becoming addicted to pharmaceutical meds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top