Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 06:43 PM

Re: Food for Brexit

I believe the recipe book to be printed after brexit is called

the FOOD OF KINGS
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Baked beans give you wind!!!

Yes Sweetie darlin' - rig a mast and sails on your new car and you can save on petrol too!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes Sweetie darlin' - rig a mast and sails on your new car and you can save on petrol too!!!
Oh, I say - I think I have a button for that.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2019, 11:36 PM

there's plenty of food in UK - venison from scotland - bunny rabbits even the tame ones - rabbit was on our dinner table weakly! - all the pet hamsters - the south americans speak of roasted hamster warmly!- cats and dogs - start with the wild ones - the chinese have lovely menus for cats and dog stews for winter!

rats and mice of course have always been fair game or is that long tailed game? foxes ah bring back fox hunting that brings a tear to many an eye!

and then there are pheasants and wood pigeons the list goes on or just stick to wild berries etc and turn vegetarian?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:07 AM

Good grief Gummy.
You forgot four and twenty blackbirds!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:08 AM

yes and the wild boar and badgers - road kill also comes back in fashion perhaps??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 09:12 AM

Don't worry Gummy, post Brexit, we will have plenty of food...………..for thought.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 11:33 AM

This looks fun. https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/vis...o-do/foraging/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2019, 01:51 PM

I agree Cinders, a useful resource.

I'm aware of most of those things and have regularly gathered Sloes to make Sloe Gin and I'm sure most of us have gathered blackberries and eaten Beech nuts and Chestnuts.

Acorns was interesting. I knew we could eat them after leaching them (courtesy of an episode of Ray Mears) but didn't realise how versatile they were. Using them to make flour really interests me as a artisan bread maker, might have to give that a go, and then making acorn coffee !

That kind of stuff is valuable to know imo.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:33 PM

Don't you worry your pretty little Aussie head over us Brits, Bruce. Most of us already usually have our cupboards well stocked every week. (By the way, usually when serving Baked Beans on Toast, most Brits are obviously not as stingy as you and make two slices of toast. The second is cut into two, corner to corner to place either side of the centre piece of toast with the beans on. Serve up your stingy helping and it could end up over your head!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top