Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:35 PM

Who should run the asylum?.

I would like to know how the the lunatics, who are getting very hysterical at present, can be prevented from taking over the asylum of parliament.How can we expect them to make rational judgements about a way forward for the nation as a whole, l emphasize the word forward. Which means in the direction which the majority of voters have indicated to the said lunatics,perhaps they should be given their medication and put to bed.l am in despair that our nation is in such erratic hands and we will not be able to summon up enough resolve to complete the task we started two years ago .Regards, Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Who should run the asylum?.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I would like to know how the the lunatics, who are getting very hysterical at present, can be prevented from taking over the asylum of parliament.How can we expect them to make rational judgements about a way forward for the nation as a whole, l emphasize the word forward. Which means in the direction which the majority of voters have indicated to the said lunatics,perhaps they should be given their medication and put to bed.l am in despair that our nation is in such erratic hands and we will not be able to summon up enough resolve to complete the task we started two years ago .Regards, Donkeyman.
I know Donkeyman. It's enough to make one ga ga.
One step forward, the Lunatics are let loose, its two steps backwards.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I agree Donkeyman, they are not serving the will of the people, it can only end in tears, a bit like the tail wagging the dog...
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 06:49 PM

Forward ? Forward meaning what they promised on THEIR MANIFESTO ???

Good look going back in time to find ANY POLITICIAN that has ever actually delivered on his manifesto

( let’s take brexit , overwhelming majority voted to hold the referendum saying the result would be acted upon .
Overwhelming majority voted to trigger article 50
Overwhelming majority indeed both parties manifesto said they will deliver brexit
REALITY ... majority of House of Commons daily ignore their promises , daily ignore how their constituents voted , daily screw brexit up and divide the country so much I seriously doubt after this fiasco and whatever outcome that anyone would ever trust or indeed even bother voting again )
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:03 PM

Too many Politicians, too few Leaders.

If we remain in the EU, it should be part of our plan to look at how many Politicians we really need.

And how many bring any real value.

I can't be bothered to add together the numbers in the EU and the Numbheads in the UK.

Why would we ever need to pay them all?

As for many big businesses hiring full time Lobbyists, for the corridors of the House, even without the suggested "considerations" there must be a conflict of interest between how that works for the Lobbyists versus how it works for the general public.

Time for a reset!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:28 PM

I've been saying this for gawd knows how long, but the Establishment are an inept bunch of self serving cretins who don't give a toss about the general public. They're all in their own little bubbles, perched on their ivory towers, detached from reality.

Ref Brexit.
A no deal exit was always a possibility, so they should have been making contingency plans for it from day dot just in case.
Instead, they have been fannying around for 2 years arguing amongst themselves like the petulant idiots they are, trying to scupper it instead.

I simply cannot put into words my utter contempt for all of them.

What makes it worse, is who the hell do we vote for next, as Labour are just as inept.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Hi

I have to agree with all of the above.

We do have a few decent, honest Politicians.

Unfortunately they do not get anywhere because they are not part of the system.

The decent ones I have known have never been to Oxford or Cambridge, or Public School and have all had humble beginnings and real jobs.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have to agree with all of the above.

We do have a few decent, honest Politicians.

Unfortunately they do not get anywhere because they are not part of the system.

The decent ones I have known have never been to Oxford or Cambridge, or Public School and have all had humble beginnings and real jobs.
Exactly mate - not part of "the club"......
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:14 PM

I am sick to the back teeth with the lot of them but especially May she a total A-----E in my book. two looooong years eh ! and still no nearer .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Too many Politicians, too few Leaders.

If we remain in the EU, it should be part of our plan to look at how many Politicians we really need.

And how many bring any real value.

I can't be bothered to add together the numbers in the EU and the Numbheads in the UK.

Why would we ever need to pay them all?

As for many big businesses hiring full time Lobbyists, for the corridors of the House, even without the suggested "considerations" there must be a conflict of interest between how that works for the Lobbyists versus how it works for the general public.

Time for a reset!
That's a great idea Ted, if we do stay in the EU why would we want or need parliament at all, or at least just a skeleton crew [most of them in the house of lords are skeletons anyway].... An expense the country could do without. And wouldn't it put firecracker up their arses thinking that they might be out of work if we remain in the EU....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top