Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 06:43 AM

Have you killed a living animal?

Anything living and not human: Animal, insect, bird or fish?

Have you felt upset following your actions or did the thing deserve to die?

Would you kill an endangered species if it threatened your life?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 06:49 AM

Re: Have you killed a living animal?

Strange question Floydy, why do you ask?
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:11 AM

Last year I annihilated 2 wasps nests after being stung 7 or 8 times. The nests were right where some work needed doing so they had to go and no, didn't feel guilty, especially after being stung previously.

Donkeys years ago I had to finish off a pigeon that one of my cats had mauled. It was in pain, no way it could be saved so I put it in a carrier bag and hit it with a shovel a couple of times. I did get upset about that, poor thing, bloody cats

I try not to kill anything if I can help it, even insects I try to encourage to leave rather than kill them.

I've never hit anything with my car (so far).
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Strange question Floydy, why do you ask?
Why not, Barry?

Just a question after seeing my stepdaughter stamp on a bee once. Total ignorance on her part.

Nicol - I initially thought you had a vendetta about donkeys there!
I have swatted wasps but now I'd rather open a window if one is in the house and try to 'shoo' it outside instead of killing it. I do draw the line at mosquitoes though. They deserve to die.

For the other part of my question, I would hate to have to shoot a tiger for instance, but if it was mauling my wife or kids I would definitely try to stop it somehow.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Anything living and not human: Animal, insect, bird or fish?

Have you felt upset following your actions or did the thing deserve to die?

Would you kill an endangered species if it threatened your life?
Yes yes yes yes yes yes and depending upon the circumstances for the last question... yes
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:51 AM

Hi

Yes.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:57 AM

For the other part of my question, I would hate to have to shoot a tiger for instance, but if it was mauling my wife or kids I would definitely try to stop it somehow.

Certain rules are to be followed when out in the wild in order to maintain your own safety ... for instance in snake territory always allow the wife to go first , however if in bear or tiger country then always take a partner you can out run !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:01 AM

I often wonder just how many creatures we inadvertently trample on or drive over in the course of a lifetime.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->

Certain rules are to be followed when out in the wild in order to maintain your own safety ... for instance in snake territory always allow the wife to go first , however if in bear or tiger country then always take a partner you can out run !
Sound advice, survival of the fittest.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:19 AM

Yes I must of killed loads of mini beasts as I treat my dog and old horse with flea ,tick and worm treatments .
Also a flies aghhhh I can’t stand them .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top