Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:04 PM

Do You Ever Say, ‘I’m Not Going On The Forum Today’? ....And...

The next thing you know, you’re tapping in your password and there you are again!

How many times have you said, ‘I’ll just have a quick look in at the forum’? Then several hours later, there you are still reading or tapping away on the keyboard!

How many times have you said, ‘ Whilst that’s cooking, l’ll have a quick look in at the forum?’
That one is Fatal and it’s only the smell of burning that alerts you that you put it in ages ago!

How many times, have you thought, l’ll go into town today. You get all ready to go but then have a quick look in at the forum before you go. Next thing, it’s 3pm and you’re still having a quick look!
Has or does any of the above happen to you?

Today, my plan was not to visit the forum and go into town. It’s just gone 12 noon and l’m still on here. I haven’t even had my breakfast yet!!
Sad or what? Addiction is a terrible thing!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Re: Do You Ever Say, ‘I’m Not Going On The Forum Today’? ....And...

I never say I am not going on the forum because I feel no guilt for coming here.
I look in most days & will post if anything catches my attention , but I have to say that being without a computer , for a few weeks last year, it has made me more selective with what I post now.
I did a 2 mile walk to the shops today & wanted to sit down when I returned ...... so I am only posting now because I am having a bacon sandwich & a cup of tea.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:02 PM

I'm similar to Twink
I don't feel guilty so I always think along the lines of "I hope I get time to look in on the Forum today"
However it has been an impossibility to do it every day recently
More like once or twice a week while multi-tasking with work, which meant I was only looking really and hardly posting a thing.

I feel like I'm back now though
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:27 PM

Yep, three times so far today!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:39 PM

I have definitely done the burning the saucepan bit.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 03:48 PM

I limit myself to it if I can. Sometimes I do look forward to a good catch up, but it's only when I am incredibly bored (which isn't that often and is normally while I'm at work). Otherwise, no. I try to prioritise with my real life events and tasks if at all possible.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 06:11 PM

I've been known to have a flounce now and then but mainly due to terminal boredom.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:15 PM

I usually only read/post when I'm waiting for something, like now I'm waiting for the dog to settle after her last walk so I can safely feed her.

I have in the past spent what I consider to be too much time online but that usually happens only when I'm ill or injured and am confined to a sitting position.

If ever I do stay online for too long I feel guilty afterwards when I think of all the things I could have been doing
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:19 PM

Not just this forum. I watch a lot of youtube films too & spend time on FB & other places.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 03:27 PM

I'm t'other way round-inasmuch as,I'll get on here to find temporary release from reality. T'is often I've thought,as I'm heading home,"I wonder what the company of comics,clown,jesters,comedians and invariably decent,worthwhile people are ripping apart on the forum today?'' It's not often I can stay for long-but the time I do spend 'aving a gonk' is invariably uplifting. For which I thank you all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top