Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:46 PM

Alita - Battle Angel

Just got back from the Showcase Cinema, went to watch Alita -Battle Angel. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was amazed at the CGI, it blew me away.

I don't normally like violence in films but this was different, coz they weren't real people, but cyborgs LOL.

I thought it was excellent, didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 10:49 PM

Re: Alita - Battle Angel

Looks good in a different graphic kind of way

https://youtu.be/cislZ9S0ocA
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 11:32 PM

I'm dying to see this tbh - looks great.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 01:31 AM

All the clips I have seen so far give me the impression of a film that's, visually, been cobbled together from the best ideas of sci-fi movies from the last 40 years, which is no surprise, given that it's a James Cameron project.

But style (which nowadays means CGI) alone is no substitute for substance for the discerning film enthusiast and Mark Kermode, although he was "mesmerised" by the special-effects, felt obliged to mention that the movie is "narratively challenged" .....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 05:30 PM

I really enjoyed it. Bits of it reminded me of Ready Player One, which is no bad thing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top