Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 04:09 PM

Re: Paper clutter

I don't have a newspaper only a free one from Waitrose which I never look at .
I cut it up and along with other unwanted none shiny paper including private mail put in a bucket in the garage then when needed cover it with water so it goes soggy and put in the bottom of the runner bean trench where it disappearers very quickly
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:13 PM

Muddy, When l go to immaculate houses. l always wonder, where is all the paperwork and bits and pieces.
I think, surely, they receive post, have bank statements, invoices, letters, plus loads more paperwork but there’s nothing in sight!
I could not give my house that much TLC, as l would be permanently exhausted!
Anyway, my filing cabinet is stacked up on top of the spice rack in the kitchen.
I sort it when the paperwork doesn’t balance anymore! Then it either goes in filing boxes or in the incinerator and l have a blizzy.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We burn ours. Shred lots.
Maybe Paper Mache should make a comeback?
We shred. Fires are not permitted here. Doesn't always stop people doing it though.....
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Muddy, When l go to immaculate houses. l always wonder, where is all the paperwork and bits and pieces.
I think, surely, they receive post, have bank statements, invoices, letters, plus loads more paperwork but there’s nothing in sight!
I could not give my house that much TLC, as l would be permanently exhausted!
Anyway, my filing cabinet is stacked up on top of the spice rack in the kitchen.
I sort it when the paperwork doesn’t balance anymore! Then it either goes in filing boxes or in the incinerator and l have a blizzy.
Besides, I still need to find out if I am owed any PPI stuff. I have kept loads of docs from way way back, but I do know I had a clear out of some of them a few years back, and what are the chances that the stuff I need has gone? Because of that, I keep everything now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I battle against paper clutter .
I have piles of paper clutter everywhere .
The postman brings me more everyday.
I recycle it religiously but the blooming stuff reproduces the minute my backs turned .
I burn everything that has my name and address on it.
I file important stuff
I get the Sunday Times so that's my only newspaper clutter

Other people don't seem to have this problem.
Their houses are paper free.
How do they manage it ?
Hints gratefully received .

Commercial paper shredder: www.homeshreduk.co.uk
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Commercial paper shredder: www.homeshreduk.co.uk
Shredders are good but then you just end up with bags of shredded paper hanging around until it's taken away.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:31 PM

That service UJ put the link up for seems a good idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, idjit !!! - I suggested a COMMERCIAL shredder company - they take it away and shred the paperwork for you - do please read more carefully in future!!!
I hardly ever read your links UJ, you should know that by now. They are normally bollox.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That service UJ put the link up for seems a good idea.
Would you really trust someone else with your personal documents? Identity theft comes to mind!

I have just bought and put together this:-

It is helping to declutter my craft room!

Edit: forgot to add the link -
https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/rolling...rs/622743-1000
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Would you really trust someone else with your personal documents? Identity theft comes to mind!
When I had to dispose of confidential documents, I found a mobile firm that drives to your place and you hand them the docs which are then shredded in front of your very eyes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top