Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:43 PM

Re: Coronavirus: PM postpones lockdown easing in England

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Confusing isn't it!
It's not just confusing it's a shambles. There is basically a total shambles at the top. Covid is like a ball of wool that has been given to a crate of kittens. We are doomed with this lot in charge.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's not just confusing it's a shambles. There is basically a total shambles at the top. Covid is like a ball of wool that has been given to a crate of kittens. We are doomed with this lot in charge.
The answer I think, is to keep distance & wear a mask when out anywhere. Only go where you need to go, meaning grocery shopping & don't go anywhere you don't need to go. I have been doing this since March. We are, most of us, in the at risk group so it makes sense to stay as safe as we can, no matter what the government say.
Sadly a lot of people will not adhere to this, but that is up to them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:59 PM

The answer I think, is to keep distance & wear a mask when out anywhere. Only go where you need to go, meaning grocery shopping & don't go anywhere you don't need to go. I have been doing this since March. We are, most of us, in the at risk group so it makes sense to stay as safe as we can, no matter what the government say.
Sadly a lot of people will not adhere to this, but that is up to them.
It's hard for many. To stay healthy humans need social interaction. I have noticed the tonic effect of seeing and meeting people has on me. It's fascinating as we never had to think about this before. Without it we fade but at the moment it's deadly. So I can understand why people want to move closer why they want to interact, but this is like a moth to a flame.

I was thinking today how we are living through historic times, historic change. We hoped it would be temporary and the optimists were in denial but it seems that it's about as bad as the pessimists said it would be.... Buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride as someone famous once said!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 11:36 PM

Indeed ..... I do the same .....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 01:03 AM

I agree .
These wish washy directions are useless.
I must say down my way Tesco has been great and everyone has been conforming and wearing masks .
It’s easy to police .
Just dont let anyone in without a mask .
There are very few reasons for not wearing one .
Not good ones anyway .
Spain has been doing it for months now .
There you have to wear a mask as soon as you set foot out of the door

If you can’t you just can’t enter shops I’m afraid .
It’s as simple as that .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
People don’t wonder they don’t like to say so for fear of being called racist .
See what I mean

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

And words of good sense from Nazir Afzal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...uth-Covid.html
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's hard for many. To stay healthy humans need social interaction. I have noticed the tonic effect of seeing and meeting people has on me. It's fascinating as we never had to think about this before. Without it we fade but at the moment it's deadly. So I can understand why people want to move closer why they want to interact, but this is like a moth to a flame.

I was thinking today how we are living through historic times, historic change. We hoped it would be temporary and the optimists were in denial but it seems that it's about as bad as the pessimists said it would be.... Buckle up it's going to be a bumpy ride as someone famous once said!
It is hard for the ones who live in flats & have no gardens, but they can still go out, meet people outside providing they stay the distance apart & wear a mask, it isn't rocket science.
We can also have a friend/relative in our homes now. They haven't stopped that here.
This virus is going to take a very long time to go completely.

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed ..... I do the same .....
You are very sensible, Omah.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:50 PM

It is hard for the ones who live in flats & have no gardens, but they can still go out, meet people outside providing they stay the distance apart & wear a mask, it isn't rocket science.
We can also have a friend/relative in our homes now. They haven't stopped that here.
This virus is going to take a very long time to go completely.

You are very sensible, Omah.
You're quite right Tiff. We live in an apartment with no garden but we can and do go out daily. We meet people while we're out, have conversations and such while maintaining our 2 metres separation. We wear our masks when in shops, and we're none the worse for any of it. As you say, it ain't rocket science.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

01-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by percy vere ->
you're quite right tiff. We live in an apartment with no garden but we can and do go out daily. We meet people while we're out, have conversations and such while maintaining our 2 metres separation. We wear our masks when in shops, and we're none the worse for any of it. As you say, it ain't rocket science.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I was watering plants in my back garden just now, the chap next door to the house that is behind mine was sat outside coughing and coughing non stop! They had visitors long before Lockdown finished and ever since, I could hear them in the garden.
I don't think he was at work today as usually their dog barks non stop, it can go out through a flap, it barks at every little noise.

I'm wondering if people are obliged to tell the NHS if they have the virus?
I just read that we only have 2 cases here.
He was at it again today, sounds worse, visitors again.
If someone has it and doesn't get tested, their family just get on with work and normal stuff, nothing will stop it spreading will it?
Perhaps they should fine people if they have symptoms and fail to get tested.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top