Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 11:21 PM

Re: Coronavirus: PM postpones lockdown easing in England

Originally Posted by TessA ->
He was at it again today, sounds worse, visitors again.
If someone has it and doesn't get tested, their family just get on with work and normal stuff, nothing will stop it spreading will it?
Perhaps they should fine people if they have symptoms and fail to get tested.
Does your neighbour usually cough, Tess? If so he could have a lung condition, do you talk to each other? I'd ask him. Maybe he's a smoker too? If he doesn't cough usually, then I'd still ask him.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree .
These wish washy directions are useless.
I must say down my way Tesco has been great and everyone has been conforming and wearing masks .
It’s easy to police .
Just dont let anyone in without a mask .
There are very few reasons for not wearing one .
Not good ones anyway .
Spain has been doing it for months now .
There you have to wear a mask as soon as you set foot out of the door

If you can’t you just can’t enter shops I’m afraid .
It’s as simple as that .
Over here in shops staff do not see their job as policemen/women. I'm sure that in places like Spain and Italy we have seen pictures of armed police at the door turning people away if they do not have a mask and then inside asking them to socially distance. Of course over there the police also wear masks so do not appear to be hypocrites.

Over here BJ and co are expecting shops to police civilians. Nuts!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Does your neighbour usually cough, Tess? If so he could have a lung condition, do you talk to each other? I'd ask him. Maybe he's a smoker too? If he doesn't cough usually, then I'd still ask him.
I'd avoid him. They really should have a system where people can report people with symptoms.

From past experience people with lung conditions rarely cough non stop. They usually have medication to stop that. They may be set off into a paroxysm due to a trigger. Just my take on it as I have extensive experience with chronic coughs. The covid cough is different. It cannot be suppressed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 01:37 AM

A milestone that I missed:

The total number of "recorded" cases has, again, exceeded 300,000, now totalling 303,952.

Figures published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) on Friday suggest infection rates in England are rising, with around 4,200 new infections a day - compared with 3,200 a week ago.

That's not good news .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No he doesn't usually. I'd ask him if I could see him, there's a huge fence in the way, thank goodness. They sit outside a lot when at home and I can hear when they have visitors, usually little ones shouting and playing.
I'll ask 'er nextdoor, she knows everything.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No he doesn't usually. I'd ask him if I could see him, there's a huge fence in the way, thank goodness. They sit outside a lot when at home and I can hear when they have visitors, usually little ones shouting and playing.
I'll ask 'er nextdoor, she knows everything.

good idea.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top