Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 09:23 PM

Re: Trans in sport??

Absolutely not........end of.....

If they do, then ladies competitions should be scrapped and everyone competes on a level playing field Male, Female, and other, all compete as equal....Hows that for equality Tabby...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2020, 09:30 PM

It's a bugger of a problem. I see all points here. Caster Zemenya is absolutely female. Trans has nothing to do with it with her. But many trans men to women usually lose a lot of strength in the process. I have known several. One had an big old ute without power steering and had to downsize to a smaller car with it because she couldn't wrench the wheel around. I don't see a problem with testing for equality of strength and testosterone levels within a range.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It never existed!!

Donkeyman!
Damn - another illusion shattered! Thanks, Donkeyman.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 05:34 AM

Should transgender persons be allowed to compete in so called
normal sport?
Or should they be restricted to competing amongst themselves
only? Something like the paraplegic sports we allready have!
Donkeyman!
They can't can they? Aren't hormone levels measured if there is any doubt or protest?

I am think of that Caster Semenya who is really a woman but is not allowed to compete because she has elevated levels of male hormones.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They can't can they? Aren't hormone levels measured if there is any doubt or protest?

I am think of that Caster Semenya who is really a woman but is not allowed to compete because she has elevated levels of male hormones.
I believe Caster has a slight problem with her/his genitals as well
Brucy?
But l think all these cases should be decided on hormone levels
alone, and should not be allowed to artificially adjust those levals
to achieve a desired result?
Caster is definitely a male in all but the genital configeration and so
should compete with males?

Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:04 AM

I think the following link may provide a framework for a balanced conversation on the issue. Up to others if they want to read it. I found it very interesting.

http://theconversation.com/ten-ethic...n-sport-116448
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I think the following link may provide a framework for a balanced conversation on the issue. Up to others if they want to read it. I found it very interesting.

http://theconversation.com/ten-ethic...n-sport-116448
Very intresting link Keezoy, bit technical for me but does not alter
my view that these athletes should be isolated from normalsportsmen
and women, particularly male to female trans where financial
gain comes into the equation?
Unfortunates like Caster must just put up with cometing with other
trans athletes only or take the chance of competing with the men
imo?
Donkeyman! 😵😵😵
keezoy
Australia

12-03-2020, 02:17 AM

Very intresting link Keezoy, bit technical for me but does not alter
my view that these athletes should be isolated from normalsportsmen
and women, particularly male to female trans where financial
gain comes into the equation?
Unfortunates like Caster must just put up with cometing with other
trans athletes only or take the chance of competing with the men
imo?
Donkeyman! 😵😵😵
Maybe that's how it will have to end up DM. Like the paralympics. Trans olympics?..Boy will that be complicated. BUt Caster Semenya is different. She is intersex and always has been. She is not a transexual. She is predmoninantly female with internal male bits. She is a lesbian but lives as a woman. So I have no idea what to do with her. But still, I love a challenge The argument is that she has an excess testosterone level. This is not drug induced. It's a naturally occurring thing with her because she has the male hormone producing glands that dominate and perhaps even nullify the estrogen level. She is stronger and faster than the average female athlete who trains and competes at the same level. Therefore the determination must be made as to whether this gives her an "unfair" advantage. Like a girl I went to university with who had an unusually large heart and lungs. They weren't "enlarged". There was nothing wrong with her. She was tall, strong, beautiful and highly intelligent. Topped our year with first class honours. And she was a superb athlete both in track and swimming. She won everything. There was no problem with her. She was a heterosexual girl and not in the least masculine in her dress, demeanour or perosnality. One could ask then why is Caster who has other natural "advantages" when it comes to sport treated differently?..But in the end I guess I have to agree with you DM that if that natural advantage makes her so much stronger and faster than the women it is somewhat unfair. It depends on the level. I guess you could have every woman she competes against sign off on a document of consent stating that they are willing to compete with her. Some competitors accept her the way she is, others don't. It's a hard one.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top