Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 01:15 PM

Tabby's Tasty Burgers!

Made these this morning - this quantity makes 8 small or 6 large burgers.

Ingredients

1ib lean minced Beef.
1 small Onion very finely chopped.
2 (or 3, or 4) cloves of Garlic.
2 teaspoonfuls of English Mustard
1 Tablespoonful of Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoonful of Tomato Sauce.
A small handful of Italian mixed herbs
1 large fresh Egg - beaten.

Method

Very quick and easy!

Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl - mix well - cover and chill for about an hour.

Spoon into a burger press - or just shape with your hands - and they are ready to go.

To eat straight away - heat a griddle or frying pan, brush both side of he burger with a little oil and cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until well browned. Serve in buns, or with salad, or with chips. I used Bakerman's Home fries again - delicious.

To freeze for later layer them on sheets of greaseproof/wax paper and put into a rigid container. Freeze for up to three months.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 01:25 PM

Re: Tabby's Tasty Burgers!

I make own burgers too using 5% fat mince. I know what goes in them if I make my own, they are nicer too.

I spice mine up and use some chilli powder as we love spicy food.

Could just eat one, gi 'us a taste
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 01:40 PM

Re: Tabby's Tasty Burgers!

Sounds absolutely delicious, Tabby.

Suggestion: brush the hamburger buns with melted butter and grill over med-low heat until the buns turns a golden brown and a slightly black rim forms on the buns, which yields a slight crunch. This adds another dimension to the burger experience.

The more senses we can develop in a recipe the greater the experience. The French have an old saying, "We first eat with our eyes".

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top