Join for free
Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 04:37 PM

Re: Bike ride

Never got on with suspension bikes, they are ok on the rough stuff, but, on a road or similar, the bouncing seemed to take some of the inertia of the pedal action making it harder work.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 05:16 PM

I'm not sure what rules could be brought out for scooters if they become legal to use everywhere. Perhaps something the same as is being spoken about for electric cars. A generated noise that at least lets the majority of people know they are around.

I feel vulnerable enough on a bike sometimes, so I'm not sure I'd feel safe on a scooter. They are lower down and probably not as visible as someone on a bike.

The bike I used for all the off-road riding was a Claud Butler with front fork suspension. It was also used on the road (still is) but the suspension is fairly firm and hasn't caused a problem.

I did about 5 miles on the e-bike today. I rode over to see my brother who I hadn't seen since the lockdown began. Nice to sit in his garden and have a chat at a few metres apart.

The e-bike is great if the purpose of going out is just to get to somewhere and back again easily. If the purpose is exercise, then the ordinary bike is the one to use.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:38 PM

Did 10.5 miles on the ordinary bike this morning, some on-road and some off-road. I still feel surprisingly comfortable with doing that. No huge hills in the route though. I'm going to do the same tomorrow. The weather forecast is for rain after that.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

22-07-2020, 11:58 AM

I have just done the same ride again. I think I can have two bread rolls for lunch instead of just one.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 12:33 PM

I took my Brompton out this morning. I had a call to make, did that and then rode around the area for a while. Only done 3.4 miles and was shattered. I think I am getting to old for this
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

22-07-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
I took my Brompton out this morning. I had a call to make, did that and then rode around the area for a while. Only done 3.4 miles and was shattered. I think I am getting to old for this
Rain is forecast for tomorrow, so we'll have a good excuse for not going out cycling.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

31-07-2020, 08:58 AM

Only a measly 5 miles yesterday on the fairly flat road that leads to the doctors and back. Done that a few times now but I cycled back on a side road some of the way this time. A couple of slopes in it but it avoids riding on the main road.

Cycling is starting to get easier again after spending so much time doing none at all because of lockdown.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:54 AM

Too warm for any cycling today, got to save some energy for work this afternoon. I will go out on the bike this weekend but, although we live in a good cycling area, the same routes get boring so, I will throw the bike in the workhorse car, drive somewhere then have a ride somewhere I have only travelled through in the past but, never explored in detail.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

31-07-2020, 10:57 AM

I might go to Kenilworth, last time I stopped in Kenilworth was 1995, when my son was six, we walked around the Castle Grounds, the only reason I remember the year was, I remember what car we were in. Travelled through there a few times since but never stopped.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

31-07-2020, 06:43 PM

I can't cycle for a while (got to shield) but I hope to be riding again in a week or so. A pity since the muscles and puff for it were starting to come back.

Page 4 of 23 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top