Join for free
Page 5 of 23 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:06 PM

Re: Bike ride

Originally Posted by mart ->
I can't cycle for a while (got to shield) but I hope to be riding again in a week or so. A pity since the muscles and puff for it were starting to come back.
Why do you have to shield?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:50 PM

The hospital has told Mrs mart to shield and have a Covid test before she goes in for day surgery next Thursday. She is disabled and I'm her carer. We can only shield together. If I go out and bring the virus back, it might then be taken to the hospital. I can't risk that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:10 PM

Strange times, Riding ones Bike used to be so simple.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Strange times, Riding ones Bike used to be so simple.
How I wish those simple times were back. Will they ever be? I've got my doubts.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:33 PM

Depends, actually nothing has changed in the last six months.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:12 AM

The hospital has told Mrs mart to shield and have a Covid test before she goes in for day surgery next Thursday. She is disabled and I'm her carer. We can only shield together. If I go out and bring the virus back, it might then be taken to the hospital. I can't risk that.
Thanks, wasn't meaning to pry.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

01-08-2020, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Thanks, wasn't meaning to pry.
That's OK, I don't mind.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

05-08-2020, 08:53 PM

I got the day wrong. The hospital was today. Things didn't go well. I waited and waited for the call to go and get Mrs mart but nothing. I was about to phone the hospital when Mrs mart phoned at last. The hospital has said she could come home but because she'd had a bad time, the morning might be better. So be it. Not a good day but the outcome will be OK.

Anyway, there will be no need for absolute shielding now and I'll be able to go out on the bike again.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2020, 10:34 PM

I got the day wrong. The hospital was today. Things didn't go well. I waited and waited for the call to go and get Mrs mart but nothing. I was about to phone the hospital when Mrs mart phoned at last. The hospital has said she could come home but because she'd had a bad time, the morning might be better. So be it. Not a good day but the outcome will be OK.

Anyway, there will be no need for absolute shielding now and I'll be able to go out on the bike again.
Oh dear sorry to hear Mrs M had a bad time at the hospital today Mart - I hope she will feel a little better after a night's sleep.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

06-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Thanks Mags - I'm up dressed, shaved and awaiting the phone call.

Yesterday was bad probably because it was a different doctor or consultant doing the job who wasn't familiar with all the twists and turns of Mrs marts medical history and needs. The usual one is away somewhere else.

Page 5 of 23 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top