Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 12:18 AM

Bad car alarm remote

Please forgive my ignorance. I know absolutely nothing about car alarms.

I have a "PYTHON" brand car alarm. It is going bad. Every day that passes it gets more and more difficult to open the car.

I immediately thought that I could easily and cheaply replace the remote device. Wrong ! PYTHION company wants $269 USD for a new remote. That's insane.

There are , of course, PYTHON remotes on Amazon and eBay but I have no idea if those would operate the alarm on my SUV. Shouldn't there be some code necessary to program a remote ?

Anyone who has any thoughts about how to deal with this problem, please post me.
Thanks
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 07:29 AM

Re: Bad car alarm remote

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Please forgive my ignorance. I know absolutely nothing about car alarms.

I have a "PYTHON" brand car alarm. It is going bad. Every day that passes it gets more and more difficult to open the car.

I immediately thought that I could easily and cheaply replace the remote device. Wrong ! PYTHION company wants $269 USD for a new remote. That's insane.

There are , of course, PYTHON remotes on Amazon and eBay but I have no idea if those would operate the alarm on my SUV. Shouldn't there be some code necessary to program a remote ?

Anyone who has any thoughts about how to deal with this problem, please post me.
Thanks
No idea personally but having a quick look on YouTube there are methods shown on there, I just searched with Google for "Python car alarm remote program" and came up with the link below:

https://www.reference.com/world-view...a218a3fb9d673e

Check this one out and have a look at the others as I don't know exactly which of those would be applicable to you. Good luck.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 07:58 AM

Ah, just seen this thread after replying to your other thread.

So, an immobiliser remote problem rather than the alarm itself being a problem? Silly question, but have you tried fitting a new battery in the remote if it's not been renewed for awhile. ?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Ah, just seen this thread after replying to your other thread.

So, an immobiliser remote problem rather than the alarm itself being a problem? Silly question, but have you tried fitting a new battery in the remote if it's not been renewed for awhile. ?
yes, I just put in a new battery. Upon examining the remote in greater detail, I discovered that one small part was slightly loose. I had a TV/radio tech re-solder it and the problem is now solved. The remote works great now.
Thanks to all for your help.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top