Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:15 AM

Taking the Knee on F1

I was disgusted watching some of the drivers 'Takin the Knee' and proud of the brave drivers who didn't. I hate what Lewis Hamilton has done to the sport, allowing him to wear a lock and chain around his neck, with Mercedes pandering to his whim and providing a black racing car. Politics has no place in sport!
It felt strange after all these years supporting Hamilton and hoping to see him win, but last night while watching the highlights on ch4 for the first time in my life I didn't want Hamilton [A British Driver] to win......As far as I'm concerned he is now the enemy! Any thoughts? Am I being too critical?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:19 AM

Re: Taking the Knee on F1

Nope, with you there all the way Foxy, no time for Formula One anymore.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:20 AM

Leave Politics to the Politicians.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was disgusted watching some of the drivers 'Takin the Knee' and proud of the brave drivers who didn't. I hate what Lewis Hamilton has done to the sport, allowing him to wear a lock and chain around his neck, with Mercedes pandering to his whim and providing a black racing car. Politics has no place in sport!
It felt strange after all these years supporting Hamilton and hoping to see him win, but last night while watching the highlights on ch4 for the first time in my life I didn't want Hamilton [A British Driver] to win......As far as I'm concerned he is now the enemy! Any thoughts? Am I being too critical?

These people are not 'brave' in my eyes, Foxy, they are just like Sheep following others.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:12 AM

Could'nt some bugger let his tyres down!??
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:40 AM

Hi

It is obviously something he feels passionately about, so not a problem for me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 11:50 AM

I think they are very brave, it must be hell in the cockpit of an F1 car trying to race while kneeling.

It's OK on a motorcycle.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:33 PM

No I don't agree with taking the knee.

And as for Lewis Hamilton saying he is the only black F1 driver ever !

Sorry for being pedantic, but Lewis you are not Black...you are of mixed race, you enjoyed/had a privileged upbringing compared to most.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:35 PM

It's OK to follow your own conscience, but to berate and blackmail others to do the same is despicable. It amazes me these days how some are allowed their own opinions but others aren't!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 12:50 PM

Hi

As a white man working abroad at times I have been discriminated against.

I perhaps have a better understanding than some of what it is like.

As my Boss said, I am big enough and ugly enough to deal with it.

Others may not be.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top