Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 04:45 PM

Windows 10 cursor sticking

Windows 10 Cursor sticking

If your cursor freezes, jumps or disappears, you can fix the problem by reinstalling its driver. To do that, follow these steps: Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Device Manager from the menu. Locate your mouse, right-click it, and choose Uninstall device.

Okayish................so those instructions get me as far as uninstalling the (faulty)device...........what then?

Bear in mind I have never ever uninstalled anything...........or to the best of my knowledge, installed anything either, so this is cutting edge stuff for me!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 05:10 PM

Re: Windows 10 cursor sticking

Have you gone ahead and uninstalled it? Restart the computer and the driver should reinstall.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 05:15 PM

Indeed ..... a restart should do it .....
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 05:38 PM

No - I haven't uninstalled it yet - thought I'd get some opinions on here. Will take a backup first.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Before altering the system..

Is it a cordless mouse? If so, are the batteries OK?
Have you got another mouse to try?
Lindyloo
isle of wight

09-07-2020, 06:16 PM

I've got a cordless mouse which works well, but I use the touchpad and it's the cursor from using the touch pad that sticks.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

09-07-2020, 06:26 PM

Update.........I followed the instructions

If your cursor freezes, jumps or disappears, you can fix the problem by reinstalling its driver. To do that, follow these steps: Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and choose Device Manager from the menu.

At this point, there's only "Mice and other pointing Devices" - so I did the right-click thing and it says "Scan for hardware changes" - so I clicked on that..........is that job done then?
Must say, nothing much happened.

The other option besides "scan for hardware changes" is Properties - so I clicked on that next - which took me to a small icon with "mice and other pointing devices" - nothing happens if I point at that and the only other options are Ok which closes the box and returns to Device Manager, or Cancel, which does the same!

Live in hope hey!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 07:30 PM

May need a new touchpad soon
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
At this point, there's only "Mice and other pointing Devices" - so I did the right-click thing and it says "Scan for hardware changes" - so I clicked on that..........is that job done then?
Must say, nothing much happened.

Just to the left of "Mice and other pointing Devices" you should see a >. Click on this and another line with a reference to tochpad should appear. It's this that you need to right click on and the option to "Uninstall the device" will appear.

Eta Uninstall it then restart Windows and it will be re-installed.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

09-07-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
May need a new touchpad soon
I don't think so. The touchpad looks to be an integral part of the laptop.

I've just restarted it after the previous things I clicked on and so far so good.

Ray Cathode - I didn't see an arrow, but will take another look if I get more issues with it.

Thanks for all the replies - much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top