Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:33 PM

Re: Face Masks/Shops

Hi

Some are not happy about wearing a mask.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9617866.html
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Indeed, Christmas will be very different, the aftermath of this pandemic could be around for a while yet.
Oh gosh! I visualise huge queues and panic buying for the couple of days shops are shut.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I'd be embarrassed if I'd voted these buffoons in too!
Imagine getting the blame for all those unnecessary deaths and Brexit!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Then they are seven kinds of bloody fool.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Indeed, Christmas will be very different, the aftermath of this pandemic could be around for a while yet.

This pandemic will be around for a long time yet and just as dangerous as it ever was, probably more so in the cold weather, before it even begins to decline - if indeed it ever does.

This isn't just a seasonal 'flu this is something unseen for over one hundred years plus if EVER before.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:30 PM

Douglas Carswell, a former Tory MP, responded to the announcement by declaring he would no longer be shopping.

"Oh well," he tweeted. "No more going to the shops for me."
Fair enough, doubt he does much shopping anyway. Shop workers are exempt from having to wear one, this will be the main bone of contention.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/who-is...mask-covering/
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's a bit of a leveller, no one can complain about anyone wearing face coverings now can they?

On the down side, how will we recognise bankrobbers?
Think they have agreed to not wear masks...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps they will have to make a little hole in it to stick a straw through, Art.

Same with restaurants, only they will need a bigger hole.
During the Spanish flu pandemic masks were made mandatory in some US states. Of course in those days as smoking was far more popular, people were trying to get around the restrictions by putting holes in the middle for their cigarettes & pipes....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Not so in our Tesco, Val and I wore masks, most others (including staff) did not.
Isn’t it odd? I am for masks, if it slows or breaks the link to Covid then I am up for it.
My eldest granddaughter is a primary school teacher, a child at school today informed his teacher that his parents had tested positive for Covid yet they sent him in, all kids sent home, teachers who were teaching him now being tested, granddaughter has had contact with the teacher so is avoiding us at this moment until results come back
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:52 PM

I have been wearing face masks, gloves and a face shield when in shops and/or queues since this whole sorry mess began. Don't like it much - but at least I feel safer and am keeping others safe as well.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top