Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Re: Good News for Doctors, Dentists, Police and Armed Forces

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
We obviously have diametrically opposing views especially where Maggie Thatcher is involved who I see as one of the best three the best ever PM this country has EVER had.

As for the rest, it is a matter of opinion and experience. The bottom line is that no-one is paid unless they earn more than they cost and if that line gets crossed they very soon find themselves out on their ear.

Am I a rascal? I prefer to think astute closer to the truth astute and focused.
Amen to that Todger....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 12:38 PM

We obviously have diametrically opposing views especially where Maggie Thatcher is involved who I see as one of the best three if not the best ever PM this country has EVER had.
You could be right and what a terrifying indictment of the leadership of the UK that is.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 02:44 PM

We obviously have diametrically opposing views especially where Maggie Thatcher is involved who I see as one of the best three if not the best ever PM this country has EVER had.
Awful woman with a shrill voice, no sense of humour and a silly menopausal hairdo.

Even the Tory MPs got sick of the bag eventually and gave her the elbow.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Awful woman with a shrill voice, no sense of humour and a silly menopausal hairdo.

That's as maybe OldFogey, but while she was at her best, she did wonders for this country of ours. So much so that BLiar and Brown were able to ride her coat tails and spend what she had gained leaving us in financial rack and ruin again. (Remember that "note" that was left behind at the Treasury when Labour was voted out in 2010? "There's no money left" or words to that effect.)
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->

She had more balls than Jeremy
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 03:44 PM

I wasn't mad about Maggie at the time..... but in retrospect, she was a darn sight better than the lily-livered ditherers and buffoons we've had since.

For better or worse she had a certain personal magnetism which could be dubbed dictatorial but I don't think any other world leader treated her as a numpty which Bush did with Blair and now Trump does with Boris.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You could be right and what a terrifying indictment of the leadership of the UK that is.
A good job all the leftys absconded to Australia then Bruce...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-07-2020, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I wasn't mad about Maggie at the time..... but in retrospect, she was a darn sight better than the lily-livered ditherers and buffoons we've had since.

For better or worse she had a certain personal magnetism which could be dubbed dictatorial but I don't think any other world leader treated her as a numpty which Bush did with Blair and now Trump does with Boris.
I think she was stabbed in the back by the same people who are now called 'The Remainers'. She realised the error of signing up to the EU in the end and had to go.....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A good job all the leftys absconded to Australia then Bruce...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As soon as this pay rise was announced, the Labour lot had to agree it was a "good thing" but then spoilt it by jumping up and down whinging that it still wasn't enough to cover everything they'd lost since whenever. Grrrrrrrrr.
Everyone has lost a lot, Doctors just Triage now, at a distance, other folks are at more risk.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top