Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 07:39 AM

Re: Good News for Doctors, Dentists, Police and Armed Forces

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
My nephew is a dentist and his wife a GP, they don't earn a huge amount of money, they aren't millionaires.
Not since the loophole of "cash" for signatures on insurance forms etc, etc was closed.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not since the loophole of "cash" for signatures on insurance forms etc, etc was closed.
Other loopholes remain open though, a letter from my GP to confirm an existing health problem
I have was recently quoted at £37.00 – "a nice little earner" as Del Boy would say!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:14 AM

Baz, GPs are well within their rights to charge what they like for none NHS work, just as long as a receipt is provided and the transaction goes through the books. Back in the 80s from personal knowledge, I got clobbered by the Tax Man for a Pools Round, done out of necessity to supplement income whilst, a medical person a family member worked for was averaged £100-£150 per day, under the table.

Who is the Mug.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Baz, GPs are well within their rights to charge what they like for none NHS work, just as long as a receipt is provided and the transaction goes through the books. Back in the 80s from personal knowledge, I got clobbered by the Tax Man for a Pools Round, done out of necessity to supplement income whilst, a medical person a family member worked for was averaged £100-£150 per day, under the table.

Who is the Mug.
Yes spitfire, I know the GPs are within their rights in charging for a letter such as I outlined. It's still "a nice little earner" though IMO. What could your or I do to gain the amount they do by just providing a signature and possibly printing a letter out and posting it at the cost of the NHS?

I'm sure many of us know examples of the type you quote doing work 'under the table' while others of us get 'clobbered' for just trying to earn a little more cash, not a fortune compared to what you quote, but it's always the way. Those who 'earn' most can get away with this type of thing where those who are just about scraping by get caught out. These people are 'easy targets' so are targeted!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top