Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:12 AM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

Originally Posted by glanny ->
good post gbr though i wouldn't particularly agree with your good guys/bad guys bit! Most of us north and south all get along fine, and just keep the head down and carry on with work, life etc, always have done. Unfortunately that isn't newsworthy so you don't hear about that. The problem is the small minority on either side who try to keep the pot boiling for their own ends, there is a lot of money at stake, terrorism is funded by drugs, corruption and protection rackets and they do not want to give that up. T'was ever thus.
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Democracy is important.

If there is a Vote and NI Votes to join Eire, fine by me.

It would save us a mint and we could scrap the Common Travel Area.

Until there is such a vote, it remains part of the UK.

Yes indeed, and on paper a united Ireland would appear to solve the problem but I don't think that it will happen any time soon. And at the risk of repeating myself, the RoI can't afford it!

Solasch, do not assume that everyone in NI who voted for Brexit is a Unionist.

Solasch, do not assume that everyone in the UK who voted for Brexit is anti Europe. They are not. They are anti Brussels. There is a big difference.

If they had only stuck to the Common Market trade agreement which we voted for back in the 70's we would not be having this discussion!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Yes indeed, and on paper a united Ireland would appear to solve the problem but I don't think that it will happen any time soon. And at the risk of repeating myself, the RoI can't afford it!

Solasch, do not assume that everyone in the UK who voted for Brexit is anti Europe. They are not. They are anti Brussels. There is a big difference.

If they had only stuck to the Common Market trade agreement which we voted for back in the 70's we would not be having this discussion!
Hi

Brilliant post Glanny.

Exactly why I voted Leave.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->

Great post Glanny, and my feelings also, especially the bit about not being anti-Europe....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Great post Glanny, and my feelings also, especially the bit about not being anti-Europe....
Hi

Thanks for that OGF.

I am fed up with being classified as an idiotic Little Englander.

I had Polish Lodgers, the Pretendies are Polish.

I am in no way a Xenophobe.

I am not anti Europe.

The Common Market was a very good idea, we all benefited from it.

The EU is a very different animal and most certainly not for me.

We could all benefit if the remaining 27 kicked the EU into touch and went back to the Common Market.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
So everytime we vote in a referendum or GE we ought to consider the impact our decisions will have on our grandchildren? Is that what your saying? What makes you so sure our grandchildren won't thank us for voting to leave?
Well, it would be a good idea to think a little ahead, yes!

I'm sure our grandchildren will not only not thank this generation of baby-boomers for Brexit, but will positively curse us for cavalierly tossing aside all of the benefits of EU membership.

People who voted Brexit have done their descendants a grave disservice.

I hope that answers your question.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->

I'm sure our grandchildren will not only not thank this generation of baby-boomers for Brexit, but will positively curse us for cavalierly tossing aside all of the benefits of EU membership.

The future of the UK is outside the EU ... it's been like that for years. Future generations will thank us, they will have jobs and a future for a start.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
hi

democracy is important.

If there is a vote and ni votes to join eire, fine by me.

It would save us a mint and we could scrap the common travel area.

Until there is such a vote, it remains part of the uk.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->

All doom and gloom then? Tell me the worst thing that's going to happen to us now we've left? What's the biggest benefit we've tossed aside?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Would make more sense for the republic to join NI and the UK.
Oh dear, no. We already have a millstone around our neck. Having Eire join us as well would be nearer to a guillotine.
The Pikeys would have every right to come and go as they please.

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top