Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:53 PM

Re: Let's Face It Ireland Got Screwed

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Great article here by John McGuirk detailing just how bad this new EU deal is for the 27, especially Ireland.

Interesting data and graphs on who is paying in vs those that get the most out. The UK escaped this fiasco by the skin of its teeth thanks to the determination of Boris Johnson and the UK Government to make sure we left back in January.

https://www.brexit-watch.org/the-eus...nd-got-screwed
But, but, that's impossible! Countries hit hardest by covid, receive the most from the "aufbaufonds" (covid recovery fund) as shown in the second graph in mcquirk's article. That can't be right, right?
Of course if the UK was still a member, you would have received the most. You didn't know what hit you when covid struck, and still you are not certain what to do.
And then in 5 month's time brexit strikes. Have you build a brexit recovery fund yet?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Why would I waste time doing that?

Brexiteers were like horses taken to water that wouldn't drink. They chose not to believe the data supporting the case for remaining in the EU the first-time round, & instead swallowed the farrago of nonsense spewed forth by Farage & his band of little Englanders.

Why cast pearls before swine?
When will those, who voted remain, accept that it was a majority vote that decided we leave, and the majority that voted made that decision without help from Farage or Johnson.

I know it is hard to be on the losing side of any vote, but if you think there is anywhere in the EU that can offer a better life, why not see if they will let you move to that country!

We are leaving at the end of the year, so the only choice for those who wanted to remain is to stop moaning and get on with it, or find out which EU country are prepared to give them free health care & support their needs as they get older!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
When will those, who voted remain, accept that it was a majority vote that decided we leave, and the majority that voted made that decision without help from Farage or Johnson.

I know it is hard to be on the losing side of any vote, but if you think there is anywhere in the EU that can offer a better life, why not see if they will let you move to that country!

We are leaving at the end of the year, YOU ALREADY LEFT 6 MONTHS AGO, HASN'T IT SUNK IN YET? so the only choice for those who wanted to remain is to stop moaning and get on with it, or find out which EU country are prepared to give them free health care & support their needs as they get older!

Who is on the brexit losing side will be determined in 5 months time. Brace yourself little england!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
If Scotland had won it's referendum and gained independence and thus stayed in the EU, I have no doubt the EU would have shafted Scotland as well.

I wonder if Sturgeon is going 'we dodged a bullet there'.

Without a doubt the nastiness of the commission has no boundaries.

Here comes the common tax policy that will provide a means to pay for all this.

The questions are

1. Who pays tax - (it's not the unemployed !)
2. Where is unemployment highest ?
3. Who then pays ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

25-07-2020, 01:04 PM

Without a doubt the nastiness of the commission has no boundaries.

Here comes the common tax policy that will provide a means to pay for all this.

The questions are

1. Who pays tax - (it's not the unemployed !)
2. Where is unemployment highest ?
3. Who then pays ....
Has the scottish parliament budget rights?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Who is on the brexit losing side will be determined in 5 months time. Brace yourself little england!
I am not going to argue with you Solasch, but I do wonder why an immigrant to the the Netherlands is so concerned that the UK is leaving. Give it a rest and let the UK make their own decisions because, if we got it right, the other countries haven't a hope of getting out! If we got it wrong, it won't affect the EU ..... so stop trying to make idle threats
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 01:19 PM

Well, it's good to know we're all democrats on this forum.

So let's give Scotland another say on independence and respect that mandate, shall we? Somehow, I doubt that will be the reaction on these forums from our "UK Remoaners".

And in fact, Boris Johnson & his chums are greasing & sliding their way up to Scotland to . . . well, basically plead with "our fellow countrymen" (?) to stay in the happy UK. The Uk gov will have to be dragged kicking-and-screaming into even allowing a referendum at all.

But a referendum there will be.

And the Scots will finally be rid of their English problem.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Well, it's good to know we're all democrats on this forum.

So let's give Scotland another say on independence and respect that mandate, shall we? Somehow, I doubt that will be the reaction on these forums from our "UK Remoaners".

And in fact, Boris Johnson & his chums are greasing & sliding their way up to Scotland to . . . well, basically plead with "our fellow countrymen" (?) to stay in the happy UK. The Uk gov will have to be dragged kicking-and-screaming into even allowing a referendum at all.

But a referendum there will be.

And the Scots will finally be rid of their English problem.

You could always move to Dublin if it makes you happy. Nobody is forcing you to stay here
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 01:54 PM

Yep, typical EU fanatic.

Quick to complain and then straight into denial when your pushed for an answer. It doesn't look like you knew what you were voting for if you ask me

I take it you won't provide the data for remaining either?
Touché but don’t hold your breath
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

We are leaving at the end of the year, so the only choice for those who wanted to remain is to stop moaning and get on with it, or find out which EU country are prepared to give them free health care & support their needs as they get older!
Im sure Luxembourg will welcome them with open arms Twink?
They seem to have a lot of spare cash!!

Donkeyman! PS. I dont think?

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top